Health & Safety Coordinator (Civil Division)
At all levels of our organization we promote an entrepreneurial way of thinking. We want everyone to think creatively, to innovate, and to bring forward their ideas. To challenge convention, invent, develop, optimize, and refuse to slow down, as the rest of the industry tries to keep pace.
Still not convinced? Take a look at how people in the industry view us:
- Aon Hewitt's "Best Employer in Canada" for the last 12 years (proudly, the highest ranking group for the last 9 years!)
- Deloitte's "50 Best Managed Companies" (Platinum ranking last 6 years);
- Best Employee Value Proposition;
- "Most Admired Corporate Cultures" by Waterstone Human Capital;
- Financial Post's Ten Best Companies to work for;
- Ernst & Young Entrepreneur of the Year Award (2013)
- Canada's Safest Employers awards (2016)
But what separates us from our competitors?
The people of EllisDon are what differentiates us from our competitors, and will continue to be the driving force of our growth for years to come. EllisDon exists to empower driven minds. We believe that by providing freedom and empowering one another, we will invariably, out-perform, out-deliver and be at the forefront of our industry. We give one another the freedom and authority to lead and we are fast, fluid, and flexible because the world demands it and, more importantly, because we demand it of ourselves.
In the position of a Safety Coordinator (Civil Division), we would ask you to do the following:
- Be responsible for safety orientation, job site inspections and accident/injury reports.
- Organize and conduct training programs including but not limited to: WHMIS, Fall Protection, Personal Protection Equipment, CPR/First Aid.
- Monitor employees and subcontractors on site to ensure compliance to safety procedures and escalate issues to resolution.
- Proactively identify and prevent hazardous situations and take necessary measures to correct them.
Sounds challenging and exciting right? Here are a few of the attributes and experience you need to be successful in this position:
- You have a minimum of 3-5 heavy civil construction experience. (roadways, bridges, railways, sewer work etc.)
- You are working towards, or are already a certified member under the Occupational Health & Safety Act/Regulations with experience working on a large scale construction site.
- You have the ability to delegate and influence others to follow safety rules and regulations.
- Must have or be working towards National Construction Safety Officer (NCSO) certificate.
- College degree or certificate in Occupational Health and Safety or a related topic would be a benefit.
Go ahead and be yourself. We'll pay you for it! Apply today at http://www.ellisdon.com
We are an equal opportunity employer. While only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview, be sure to continually check our website for other related positions as they are posted.
Accommodation for Applicants with disabilities will be made during the recruitment process when requested.