At EllisDon, we're constantly pushing the limits of what we've done in the past - propelling ourselves toward bigger and better opportunities, while exploring new market sectors and services. So it only seems natural that we'd hire people who have their own voice and aren't afraid to use it. These are people who are simultaneously critical, creative and captivated by construction. They make our business their business, and follow a path that with continuous learning and an innovative spirit leads them to be recognized as leaders in the industry. We hire these types of people knowing they are as diverse as we are, and they come on board because they share our core values. Then we simply give them the freedom to take their career (and EllisDon) further.
Still not convinced? Take a look at how people in the industry view us:
- Aon Hewitt's "Best Employer in Canada" for the last 12 years (proudly, the highest ranking group for the last 9 years!)
- Deloitte's "50 Best Managed Companies" (Platinum ranking last 6 years);
- Best Employee Value Proposition;
- "Most Admired Corporate Cultures" by Waterstone Human Capital;
- Financial Post's Ten Best Companies to work for;
- Ernst & Young Entrepreneur of the Year Award (2013)
- Canada's Safest Employers awards (2016)
In the position of Field Engineer we would ask you to do the following:
- Assume responsibility, interface and communicate with others.
- Perform layout work competently, accurately and efficiently.
- Report accurate quantifies for labour cost reports, accurately monitor material ledgers to determine if quantities remaining in the estimate are sufficient to complete the project in the field.
- Coordinate inspections with consultants and authorities as required by the contract.
- Inspect falsework for conformance to design drawings.
- Monitor installation of rebar for conformance to structural drawings.
- Provide technical engineering information and interpretation of plans, detail sheets and specifications for contractors.
- Assist Project Superintendent by enforcing quality control, expediting subcontractors.
- Continually update drawings with changes as issued by Consultants.
- Continually find solutions to conflicts in structural/architectural/mechanical/electrical drawings and specifications by conferring with the Consultants. Co-ordinate these solutions with the various sub-trades.
- Review shop drawings for conformance with the contract and ensure information is communicated to foreman and superintendent.
- Identify contract document conflicts and recommend solutions.
- Ensure construction work complies with all engineering standards, codes, specifications and design instruction.
- Present oneself as a candidate for promotion by learning and understanding construction methods and developing good construction management skills.
Required educational background and experience:
- Construction Management or education in Engineering preferred.
- A minimum of 1 year construction engineering and layout experience.
- Experience with CAD is required.
- Experience in surveying is preferred.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills along with the ability to represent the company and project team in a professional manner to the Owner, Architect, related project staff and the community.
- Enthusiasm for challenges and new initiatives are prerequisites.