Field Engineer (Coop)
At EllisDon, we're constantly pushing the limits - propelling ourselves toward bigger and better opportunities, while exploring new market sectors and services. So it only seems natural that we'd hire people who have their own voice and aren't afraid to use it. They follow a path of continuous learning with an innovative spirit that leads them to be recognized as leaders in the industry. We hire these types of people knowing they are as diverse as we are, and they come on board because they share our core values. Then we simply give them the freedom to take their career (and EllisDon) further.
Picture the Possibilities
This project is based in Kingston, Ontario. This P3 project will be the new 270-bed Providence Care Hospital which will bring long-term, inpatient mental health care into the same building as complex care and physical rehabilitation. Once construction is complete, the new hospital will be approximately 618,000 square feet. The project will incorporate sustainable design and construction features, with the goal of achieving Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED®) Silver certification.
For more information on the project go to:
To provide Co-op student with a valuable learning experience and tools to help progress in their program through a work term with EllisDon. Provide support to one (or more) people within specified project or office.
In the position of Field Engineer (Coop), we would ask you to do the following:
Extensive use of EdgeBuilder (EllisDon's Lotus Notes based Project Management Tool) utilized on all of EllisDon's sites. This may include the following:
- Maintain/Update change notice log.
- Update drawings / specifications based on change notices.
- Maintain / Update site instruction log.
- Log receipt of shop drawings.
- Issue reviewed shop drawings to subcontractors
- Take progress photographs and Take damage/condition photographs
- Assist Superintendents with drawing reviews and miscellaneous quantity take-offs
- Perform workforce counts
- Prepare change notice summaries for owner/construction manager review
- Assist in general filing
- Order drawing reprints
- Assist field engineers with miscellaneous surveying / layout tasks /quantity surveying/totalstation
- Assembly of Operating and Maintenance Manuals.
- Follow-up on deficiency lists.
- Scheduling and co-coordinating subtrades
- General assistance in site supervision.
Sounds challenging and exciting right? Here are a few of the attributes and experience you need to be successful in this position:
- Enrolled is a College or University co-op or internship program
- New Graduate
Go ahead and be yourself. We'll pay you for it! Apply today at www.ellisdon.com
We are an equal opportunity employer. While only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview, be sure to continually check our website for other related positions as they are posted.