For over 30 years EllisDon Ottawa has had the honour of building unique and complex projects spanning from Kingston to Montreal, to Sudbury and the great white north. Our projects include heritage restoration, new build P3 projects, DBFM projects, renovations and building upgrades for clients in the public and private sectors; these and new upcoming projects range from $8 million to $400 million in value. At the moment we have over 15 active projects in the immediate Ottawa area as well as in Kingston, Petawawa, Cambridge Bay, and Resolute Bay. Given the nature of some of these projects, we require a team of construction professionals with CISD Secret Clearance or at minimum eligibility to receive clearance.
EllisDon's Ottawa Team Members had the opportunity to work on these projects:
- 144 Wellington
- 180 Wellington
- Ottawa Hospital CCA Addition
- Monfort Hospital Redevelopment
- MHLH Pettawawa
- OLRT - MSF
Do you wish you worked on one of these? Well, EllisDon Ottawa has new unique and large scale projects starting in the next few months; do not miss out on another opportunity to work on a legacy project.
Picture the Possibilities as an Estimator. You come into work every day knowing that you are a key leader in building new and exciting projects. It's a lot of pressure sometimes, but you enjoy being challenged and leading the team to successful project completion. Your co-workers look to you for answers and as a manager you have the freedom to excel. When you walk down the street, you look at major projects and think "I know how that came together".
In the position of Estimator we would ask you to do the following:
- Calculate various statistical data - quantity take-offs, material price lists, labor costs per manhour, equipment, etc.,
- Obtain scopes of work and pricing from subcontractors and suppliers,
- Assist in closing bids,
- Research historical data (purchase orders, subcontracts, productivity analysis reports, etc.) and compile summary reports to develop guidelines and precedence for future estimates,
- Participate in developing project Update and bid package estimate documents,
- Maintain files of working documents for back-up to estimating figures,
- Assist in the monitoring of conceptual estimates with actual cost data,
- Perform additional assignments per supervisor's direction.
Required educational background and experience:
- 2 - 5 years of experience in estimating ICI projects with a General Contractor,
- Construction related educational background,
- Knowledge of estimating techniques, cost control and material pricing required,
- Ability to calculate mathematical extensions, read and understand engineering drawings, purchase orders, contracts, cost coding systems, etc. is essential,
- Experience estimating ICI projects over $5M,
- Ability to interpret construction drawings and contract documents,
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to create and maintain strong relationships,
- Strong communication skills.
- Enthusiasm for challenge and new initiatives are prerequisites
- Attention to detail
- Reliability and/or Secret clearance is considered an asset
Go ahead and be yourself. We'll pay you for it! Apply today at www.ellisdon.com
We are an equal opportunity employer. While only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview, be sure to continually check our website for other related positions as they are posted.