Communications Assistant (Term) - OLRT
At EllisDon, we're constantly pushing the limits - propelling ourselves toward bigger and better opportunities, while exploring new market sectors and services. So it only seems natural that we'd hire people who have their own voice and aren't afraid to use it. They follow a path of continuous learning with an innovative spirit that leads them to be recognized as leaders in the industry. We hire these types of people knowing they are as diverse as we are, and they come on board because they share our core values. Then we simply give them the freedom to take their career (and EllisDon) further.
Picture the Possibilities
Are you a passionate, dedicated professional who values excellence? The Ottawa Light Rail Transit project is looking for you! Join our team as we work towards delivering Ottawa's most significant infrastructure project in over 100 years.
Reporting to the OLRT Communications Manager, the communications assistant will be responsible for providing administrative support to the Communications team, primarily in the areas of photo cataloguing, project close out preparations and complaints management.
This is a term position - four (4) months starting May 1 - September 1, 2017- located in Ottawa, Ontario.
In the position of Communications Assistant we would ask you to do the following:
- Seek approval, catalogue and file photos for public use;
- Catalogue and organize electronic copies documents for project close out;
- Ensure documents are properly stored in Doc Control System (4-Projects);
- Provide additional similar support to Communications Department as required.
Required skills, knowledge and abilities:
- Post-Secondary student in a Business or Communications program at either college or university level. ( 2nd or 3rd year student should suffice);
- Clear understanding of Confidentiality and Intellectual Property;
- Communications and/or Project Management courses, training or experience;
- Fluent in written and oral English;
- High level of computer literacy. Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel Required - Access an Asset);
- Organized, and ability to work independently;
- Ability to catalogue and manage all documents in an electronic format (Excel or Access);
- Proficiency in email systems.
Go ahead and be yourself. We'll pay you for it! Apply today at www.ellisdon.com
We are an equal opportunity employer. While only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview, be sure to continually check our website for other related positions as they are posted.
Accommodation for Applicants with disabilities will be made during the recruitment process when requested.