Assistant Project Manager
For over 30 years, EllisDon Ottawa has the honour of building unique and complex projects spanning from Kingston to Montreal, to Sudbury and the great white north. Our projects include Heritage Restoration; new build P3 projects, DBFM projects, Renovations and Building Upgrades for clients in the public and private sectors; these and new upcoming projects range from $8 million to $400 million in value. At the moment we have over 15 active projects in immediate Ottawa area as well as in Kingston, Petawawa, Cambridge Bay, and Resolute Bay. Given the nature of some of these projects, we require a team of construction professionals with CISD Secret Clearance or at minimum eligibility to receive clearance.
EllisDon's Ottawa Team Members had the opportunity to work on these projects:
- 144 Wellington
- 180 Wellington
- Ottawa Hospital CCA Addition
- Monfort Hospital Redevelopment
- MHLH Pettawawa
- OLRT - MSF
Do you wish you worked on one of these? Well, EllisDon Ottawa has new unique and large scale projects starting in the next few months; do not miss out on another opportunity to work on a legacy project.
Still not convinced? Take a look at how people in the industry view us:
- Aon Hewitt's "Best Employer in Canada" for the last 12 years (proudly, the highest ranking group for the last 9 years!)
- Deloitte's "50 Best Managed Companies" (Platinum ranking last 6 years);
- Best Employee Value Proposition;
- "Most Admired Corporate Cultures" by Waterstone Human Capital;
- Financial Post's Ten Best Companies to work for;
- Ernst & Young Entrepreneur of the Year Award (2013)
But what separates us from our competitors?
The people of EllisDon are what differentiates us from our competitors, and will continue to be the driving force of our growth for years to come. EllisDon exists to empower driven minds. We believe that by providing freedom and empowering one another, we will invariably, out-perform, out-deliver and be at the forefront of our industry. We give one another the freedom and authority to lead and we are fast, fluid, and flexible because the world demands it and, more importantly, because we demand it of ourselves.
In the position of Assistant Project Manager we would ask you to do the following:
- Prepare and analyze financial data ensuring positive cash flow for project
- Provide technical engineering information to employees and subcontractors to ensure project complies with all engineering standards, codes, specifications and design instructions
- Assist in plan and specification analysis in order to provide clear, trackable and coordinated interpretations of the design/drawings for construction
- Assist in evaluation and solution of potential field problems and report them to the Project Manager
- Understand and perform document control functions, including tracking and creating of RFI?s, transmitting and tracking of submittals, compose agreements and maintain project expediting list
- Develop, implement and monitor the construction schedule to deliver the project on time and under budget
Required educational background and experience:
- Working knowledge of scheduling, project management and contract software
- Ability to support the project team and helping to solve construction issues in time sensitive situations