Picture the Possibilities as an Application Developer
You come into work every day knowing that you are a key part of a team that supports those who building new and exciting projects. It’s a lot of pressure sometimes, but being able to use your technical knowledge to assist with developing our in-house web applications for construction management. Your co-workers look to you for answers, and your manager gives you the freedom to excel. When you walk down the street, you look at major projects and think ““I supported that coming together”.
In the position of an Application Developer, we would ask you to do the following:
- Provide production support of application systems.
- Correct issues reported in production system.
- Work with technical staff, including network engineers and database administrators, to analyze and improve system performance.
- Use version control system GitHubto manage software code.
- Update design documentation, if required as part of correcting production issues.
- Adhere to Software Development Life Cycle.
- Develop and implement new business functionality.
- Research, evaluate and recommend technical solutions including open-source solutions.
- Develop technical design based upon requirements specifications.
- Develop software applications, using the tools that fulfill the requirements specifications and conform to the technical design.
- Perform unit testing, integrating testing, performance testing, and load testing of developed software applications.
- Correct issues found during system and user acceptance testing.
- Create other technical documentation, including user and administrator guides and configuration management plans.
Sounds challenging and exciting right? Here are a few of the attributes and experience you need to be successful in this position:
- You have a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science
- You have minimum of 2-3 years of hands-on experience in following most of the following technologies:
- Enterprise web application development using Java EE Technologies
- Strong knowledge of Spring, Hibernate, Servlets, JSP, JDBC, JMS, JAX-WS
- You are able to use REST and classical web services for building web application.
- You have expertise in XML, XSLT, XPath and related technologies to integrate and aggregate data from multiple applications.
- You are able to use HTML, XHTML, CSS, JSP, AJAX and other presentation technologies to build easy to use and interactive user interfaces.
- You have experience with these Java EE tools: Eclipse, Maven, GitHub JBoss, RDBMS concepts; MySQL.
- You have experience with Application Design Patterns, Object oriented design and analysis, UML and with document management systems.
Go ahead and be yourself. We’ll pay you for it! Apply today at www.ellisdon.comAccommodation for Applicants with disabilities will be made during the recruitment process when requested.
EllisDon is an equal opportunity employer. While only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview, be sure to continually check our website for other related positions as they are posted.