Tour Consultant, Group Sales
Go Ahead Tours is the adult travel division of EF Education First, a global language, travel and cultural exchange company. In the Go Ahead Tours Groups department, we partner with customers to help them plan domestic or international travel and to recruit friends, family, coworkers, and community members to join them. As a Groups Tour Consultant, you'll be a key member of a sales and service team responsible for growing our business and ensuring a remarkable customer experience.
At EF Go Ahead Tours, our job is to help people see the world. We make planning travel fun. And we know-because we are travellers too. For more information, visit www.goaheadtours.ca. EF Go Ahead Tours is the adult tour division of EF Education First. EF Education First is the world leader in international education. With more than 40,500 staff and teachers working in 53 countries around the world, our mission is simple: opening the world through education. Since we were founded 50 years ago, EF has helped more than 15 million people see the world, learn a language, or earn an academic degree. Visit http://careers.ef.com if you're interested in joining our global team.
As a Group Tour Consultant, you will use your strong consultative sales ability to promote travel opportunities to new and repeat Group Coordinators who are influential in their communities (e.g. Retired educators, established group leaders from EF's sister products, etc.) You will highlight the benefits of lifelong travel with EF and provide support for them to grow their travel programs through recruitment and marketing strategies. In this position, your greatest assets are your fearless drive, passion for sales, excellent attention to detail, customer service skills and enthusiasm for travel. The ideal candidate is collaborative, ambitious, entrepreneurial, confident, organized, quick to identify sales opportunities, has excellent written and oral communication skills and enjoys a fast-paced environment. Prior sales experience preferred.
You will earn a base salary plus a performance-based bonus. You will enjoy 3 weeks of vacation in your first year and 4 weeks in the second year. You will also be entitled to a comprehensive health and dental benefits plan, and have the opportunity to travel.
Go Ahead Tours is most interested in individuals who are:
- Exceptionally good communicators-persuasive, motivating and trustworthy (Bilingual in French is an asset).
- Able to connect quickly with others, and build strong relationships and networks
- Influencers - natural networkers who love talking to people
- Organized, detail-oriented and capable of working effectively under pressure and within tight deadlines
- Able to juggle and prioritize multiple responsibilities
- Self-starters with a true entrepreneurial spirit who thrive in a fast-paced, results-driven work environment
- Driven and confident enough to take initiative, solve problems, and achieve objectives
- Consistently demonstrate a positive attitude in approaching challenging situations
- Committed to ensuring traveler satisfaction and furthering loyalty to Go Ahead Tours
- College or university degree
- 1-3 years of sales experience
- Excellent communication skills, attention to detail and self-motivated
- Comfortable learning new computer sales software and Microsoft Office 2013
- Hard working, reliable, focused and confident
- International travel experience is an asset
Location: Downtown Toronto
Does this sound like you? Join a winning team and start growing with a great organization. Submit your resume and cover letter today!
Really want to impress us? Show us that you're driven. Use your cover letter to tell us about your favorite travel story.