Resident Advisor at EF International Language Center Vancouver
EF International Language Center in Vancouver is seeking a positive, motivated, responsible, flexible, and community-building individual to take on the exciting challenge of working in an international environment as a Resident Advisor (RA). The students of EF come from all over the world and range in age from 18 to 99. Program length can vary anywhere from 2 weeks to 11 months to study English and discover Canadian culture. You will be an important part of the residential life working to increase customer service, enforcing school and residential rules and leading some activities.
- The RA position is a part-time leadership opportunity with a focus on community building and maintaining EF quality standards. Some periods of time will require greater staffing demands (such as high student intakes, trainings, and holiday periods) and all staff are expected to be available and respond as required.
- Resident assistants are on duty some weekday evenings and a few hours on Saturday and Sunday.
- While it is understood that full or part-time employment or studies are often taken in addition to the RA position; it should be understood that the RA job is the primary responsibility and must supersede any other additional employment.
- RAs perform a number of tasks including, but not limited to: ensuring rooms meet safety and quality standards, creating a sense of community, advising and helping students, tending to administrative duties, working with building management and third party vendors including cleaning, laundry and maintenance, ensuring smooth student arrivals and departures, and making sure that EF policies are enforced.
- RA's are also on-call certain hours where they should be readily available to help out and ensure the safety of our students in the event of an emergency.
- An RA must have a strong desire to provide support to the student body and to help make our international students feel at home while living in a new city.
Requirements of the Position:
- Vigilance in ensuring student safety and quality standards for the residence
- Excellent customer service
- Initiative and the willingness to roll-up one's sleeves and do whatever it takes to get the job done
- Patience, flexibility and an upbeat attitude
- Maturity and professionalism as a strong policy enforcer and in dealing with sensitive issues.
- Previous RA experience
About EF Education First
We're 43,500 small. We're teachers and students, creatives and analysts, visionaries and doers. We are 120 nationalities-and counting. Together, we open the world through education, breaking down barriers of language, culture and geography all over the world. Over the past 50 years, our mission has grown to include a diverse range of programs that give millions of students of all ages the freedom and confidence to explore the world through language, travel and academic opportunities. Follow us on LinkedIn or check out http://careers.ef.com to learn more about our amazing team, products, and customers.