People & Culture Ambassador
EF Educational Tours is a division of EF Education First, the World Leader in International Education. With more than 40,500 staff and teachers working in 53 countries around the world, our mission is simple: opening the world through education. Since we were founded 50 years ago, EF has helped more than 15 million people see the world, learn a language, or earn an academic degree. EF Educational Tours helps students and teachers discover the world through culturally immersive educational travel. For more information on our educational travel opportunities, visit www.eftours.ca
Who we are
We are travellers, innovators, doers and thinkers. We are entrepreneurial, and collaborative; we are dedicated and passionate - we really work hard, and then play hard. We are global leaders in the field of education; we are proud of the role that we can play in developing citizens of the world.
Who you are
You are friendly, outgoing and positive as an ambassador of our EF culture every day. You are an extroverted networker with the ability to build strong relationships throughout our organization. You are resourceful and able to find the answer to a question or problem-solve any issue by making the right connections. You are detail-oriented and a natural at juggling and executing on multiple projects across the organization. You are great at whatever you put your mind to and you believe that by being hands-on, nothing is impossible.
You are the 'Face of EF' for colleagues and visitors alike sitting at the front desk in our Toronto office. As part of the Recruitment & Employee Development team (RED) your colleagues are your clients and you work every day to support an exceptional employee experience for EF staff of all levels. You are a key point person in the office, communicating information and being a go-to person for questions of all kinds. You will support the efforts of the RED and office services teams working in a dynamic, fast-paced and entrepreneurial environment.
Key responsibilities include:
- Being an integral member of the RED team by helping to create and support a consistent employee experience at EF in the areas of recruitment, onboarding, training, employee development and culture
- Coordinating the onboarding process for new employees, including booking training schedules and prepping first day materials
- Supporting the recruitment process through scheduling interviews, posting roles and participating in recruiting events
- Supporting the planning and set-up of training sessions throughout the organization
- Working closely with the Office Services Coordinator on various office tasks, including business card orders, monitoring conference rooms and day to day staff support for office functions
- Effectively and efficiently communicating information in person, on the company intranet or through email regarding office on-goings; prepare bi-weekly office update email
- Providing support and creativity for all staff events, including seasonal parties, monthly happy hours and various staff engagement initiatives
- Flexibility to provide additional support to departments throughout the office as needed
- This position is a great first step in an exciting EF career. The right person is energetic and motivated to learn a lot very quickly and use their skills and passions to develop and meet their career goals.
- College or university degree
- 1-2 years' work experience in a service-oriented environment
- Exceptional communications skills, both written and oral
- Strong relationship-building and two-way communication skills
- Positive, nothing is impossible attitude and ability to find creative solutions to problems
- Overseas study or working experience an asset
- Bilingual (English/French) an asset