Office Technology Guru
EF Educational Tours is a division of EF Education First, the world leader in international education. Founded in 1965, EF's mission is to open the world through education. To date, EF has helped millions of people learn a language, discover the world or earn an academic degree. For more information, visit careers.ef.com.
EF is looking for a highly motivated individual to lead our office support functions for our Toronto and Vancouver sites. Reporting directly to the Manager of Workplace Operations and working closely with our IT Support team in Boston, and local Recruitment/Development team (RAD); the Office Technology Lead is expected to re-engineer hardware deployment, management and hands-on support for anything that has a power button. You are the technical side of the EF People's team and the image of "technical understanding" in our sites; onboarding new staff and making the workplace an efficient one to be in. If it comes to you, it's in good hands and staff can expect fast resolution and guidance moving forward. You will apply your existing knowledge and technical skills to constantly identify ways to improve hardware maintenance and investment in workstation, telephony and mobile user support. This position will continue to evolve with expanded management responsibilities.
The ideal candidate will be a self-starter, showing the ability to plan, organize and control our entire EF hardware inventories while reporting results to other departments. Enthusiasm, the ability to multi-task and work with many different people in various departments will make you an irresistible candidate!
Who you are
- Excellent customer facing skills in a high multi-tasking environment
- High sense of urgency - you consider anything not working an outage
- You get it done. When you fix it, it's fixed for good.
- Strong knowledge of desktops/laptops (Dell), Microsoft Win10, Office 365, Mac OS, Skype for Business/SIP, networking hardware, printers, photocopiers, audio-visual systems and video conferencing environments.
- Installations are your talent and you consider cable management an art
- You have a knack for troubleshooting desktop hardware and can easily build strong relationships with our IT team across the Globe to improve your support network
- You can effectively report status updates to senior directors, global IT leaders and internal customers
- Proven ability to formalize solutions to improve services into a new procedure- properly documented and messaged
- You are open to being 24-hour accessible. Will dedicate the time and work until it's completed -when necessary, beyond a standard work day and on weekends
- Training in computer science, networking or office administration would be beneficial
Who we are
We are travelers, innovators, doers and thinkers. We are entrepreneurial and collaborative; we are dedicated and passionate - we really work hard, and then play hard. We are global leaders in the field of education; we are proud of the role that we can play in developing citizens of the world.
Below are just a few reasons why people love working here:
- Opportunity to travel internationally
- Fantastic training and professional development
- Fun offsite outings
- Three weeks paid vacation your first year
- Comprehensive health and dental benefits, as well as a company matching RSP plan
- Travel and Language Programs: EF product discounts
- Free catered lunches on Fridays
EF Educational Tours Canada is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all interested parties. EF Educational Tours Canada will accommodate disabilities during the recruitment and selection process. Should candidates experience accessibility issues with any pages on the career site, please contact EFCanada.HumanResources@EF.com for assistance. Please note that application submissions and other inquiries are not accepted through this email.