Junior Tour Consultant
JUNIOR TOUR CONSULTANT
GO AHEAD TOURS
Go Ahead Tours is a division of EF Education First, the world leader in international education. Founded in 1965, EF's mission is to open the world through education. To date, EF has helped more than 15 million people learn a language, discover the world or earn an academic degree. At Go Ahead Tours, our job is to help people see the world. We make planning travel fun. And we know-because we are travelers too. For more information, visit www.goaheadtours.ca.
Who we are:
- We're travelers, innovators, thinkers and doers
- We're global - we have a presence in over 100 countries
- We're open and collaborative - not a cubicle in sight
- We're dedicated - we really do work hard, play hard
- We believe that international experiences are essential to a 21st century education
As a Junior Tour Consultant at EF Go Ahead Tours', you will play an integral role in helping adults pursue their dreams of seeing the world. In this phone-based sales position, you will be the first point of contact with prospective customers and will be responsible for qualifying their level of interest. You must be self-motivated, ready to answer detailed questions about our tours' itineraries and be quick to identify a sales opportunity. You will maintain a daily high volume of outbound calls to potential customers. You must be enthusiastic in conveying your passion for travel to customers on the phone and be persuasive to ensure that potential travellers turn into loyal customers. As a Junior Tour Consultant you will be given a chance to develop your sales skills prior to taking the next step as a Tour Consultant.
Who you are:
- Bold, unconventional and fearless - a true entrepreneurial spirit
- Tenacious in all aspects of your life. You understand how to get the job done
- Hard working, reliable, focused and confident
- Excellent at showcasing your communication skills and you understand that listening is just as important
- (bilingual in French is an asset)
- Organized, detail-oriented and capable of working effectively under pressure and within tight deadlines
- Customer-focused and team-oriented - you strive to make every interaction an excellent one
- Self-motivated, hard-working and detail-oriented personality
- An excellent communicator who understand that listening is just as important (bilingual in French is an asset)
- College or university degree
- 0-2 years professional experience; previous sales experience preferred
- Comfortable learning new computer sales software and Microsoft Office 2013
- International travel experience is an asset
Below are just a few reasons why people love working here:
- A competitive base salary and bonus based on company sales targets
- Outstanding vacation time: 3 weeks in your first year, 4 weeks in your second year
- Comprehensive health and dental benefits, as well as a company matching RSP plan
- Training and professional development opportunities
- The opportunity to travel and see the world!
EF Education First is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all interested parties. EF Go Ahead Tours will accommodate disabilities during the recruitment and selection process. Should candidates experience accessibility issues with any pages on the career site, please contact EFCanada.HumanResources@EF.com for assistance. Please note that application submissions and other inquiries are not accepted through this email address.