Junior Tour Consultant
Are you bold, unconventional and fearless? Are you an influencer - a natural networker who loves talking to people? Are you resourceful and pride yourself on your attention to detail? Are you looking to gain invaluable sales experience to further your career? Are you looking to begin your career with a highly regarded travel company? If so, you might be the ideal candidate for the Junior Tour Consultant position!
EF Go Ahead Tours is the adult tour division of EF Education First. EF Education First is the world leader in international education. With more than 40,500 staff and teachers working in 53 countries around the world, our mission is simple: opening the world through education. Since we were founded 50 years ago, EF has helped more than 15 million people see the world, learn a language, or earn an academic degree. Visit http://careers.ef.com if you’re interested in joining our global team.
At EF Go Ahead Tours, our job is to help people see the world. We make planning travel fun. And we know—because we are travellers too. For more information, visit www.goaheadtours.ca.
As a Junior Tour Consultant at EF Go Ahead Tours, you will play an integral role in helping adults pursue their dreams of seeing the world. In this phone-based sales position, you will be the first point of contact with prospective customers and will be responsible for qualifying their level of interest. You must be self-motivated, ready to answer detailed questions about our tours’ itineraries and be quick to identify a sales opportunity. You will maintain a daily high volume of outbound calls to potential customers. You must be enthusiastic in conveying your passion for travel to customers on the phone and be persuasive to ensure that potential travellers turn into loyal customers. As a Junior Tour Consultant you will be given a chance to develop your sales skills prior to taking the next step as a Tour Consultant.
Go Ahead Tours is most interested in individuals who are:
- Bold, unconventional and fearless - a true entrepreneurial spirit
- Tenacious in all aspects of your life. You understand how to get the job done
- Excellent at showcasing your communication skills and you understand that listening is just as important (bilingual in French is an asset)
- Organized, detail-oriented and capable of working effectively under pressure and within tight deadlines
- Customer-focused and team-oriented – you strive to make every interaction an excellent one
- Self-motivated, hard-working and detail-oriented personality
- College or university degree
- 0-2 years professional experience; previous sales experience preferred
- Excellent communication skills, attention to detail and self-motivated
- Comfortable learning new computer sales software and Microsoft Office 2013
- Hard working, reliable, focused and confident
- International travel experience is an asset
Does this sound like you? Join a winning team and start growing with a great organization. Submit your resume and cover letter today! Really want to impress us? Show us that you’re driven. Use your cover letter to tell us about your favorite travel story.