Group Sales Account Manager, Partnerships
Go Ahead Tours is the adult travel division of EF Education First, a global language, travel and cultural exchange company. In the Go Ahead Tours Groups department, we partner with customers to help them plan domestic or international travel and to recruit friends, family, coworkers, and community members to join them. As a Groups Sales Account Manager, you'll be a key member of a sales and service team responsible for growing our business and ensuring a remarkable customer experience.
At EF Go Ahead Tours, our job is to help people see the world. We make planning travel fun. And we know-because we are travellers too. For more information, visit www.goaheadtours.ca. EF Go Ahead Tours is the adult tour division of EF Education First. EF Education First is the world leader in international education. With more than 40,500 staff and teachers working in 53 countries around the world, our mission is simple: opening the world through education. Since we were founded 50 years ago, EF has helped more than 15 million people see the world, learn a language, or earn an academic degree. Visit http://careers.ef.com if you're interested in joining our global team.
As a Group Sales Account Manager, you will promote travel to new and repeat organizations with established travel programs (e.g., Alumni Travel programs, Law Associations, retirement communities, etc.) You will use your keen attention to detail and passion for travel to support Group Coordinators with all aspects of their tour. You will quickly and efficiently respond to all customer requests, as well as provide proactive, anticipatory service by maintaining an in-depth knowledge of our product, processes, and internal systems. You will speak with customers regarding inquiries about booking, payments, passports and set proper expectations by providing detailed information to travellers to ensure they have a full understanding of each component of the trip prior to their tour. Your greatest assets are your fearless drive, passion for sales and enthusiasm for travel. The ideal candidate is collaborative, ambitious, entrepreneurial, confident, organized, quick to identify sales opportunities, has excellent and professional written and oral communication skills and enjoys a fast-paced environment.
You will earn a base salary plus a performance-based bonus. You will enjoy 3 weeks of vacation in your first year and 4 weeks in the second year. You will also be entitled to a comprehensive health and dental benefits plan, and have the opportunity to travel.
Go Ahead Tours is most interested in individuals who are:
- Organized, detail-oriented and capable of working effectively under pressure and within tight deadlines
- Customer-focused and team-oriented - you strive to make every interaction an excellent one
- Self-motivated, self-starter who dives head first into difficult tasks
- Able to juggle and prioritize multiple responsibilities
- Driven and confident enough to take initiative, solve problems, and achieve objectives
- Excellent communicators who understand that listening is just as important (bilingual in French is an asset)
- College or university degree
- 1-3 years professional experience; previous sales and/or account management experience preferred
- Excellent communication skills, attention to detail and self-motivated
- Comfortable learning new computer sales software and Microsoft Office 2013
- Hard working, reliable, focused and confident
- International travel experience is an asset
- Location: Downtown Toronto