Who we are
We're not your typical in-house creative team. We're The Studio, a bona fide agency made up of 40 super-fun and ridiculously-talented writers, designers, video editors and shooters, podcast makers, integrated producers, and UX designers, researchers, and analysts, based in two offices (about 35 peeps in Boston, MA and 5 in Toronto, Canada).
But our skills go way beyond our job descriptions. Among our crew are plant whisperers, beer brewers, builders, and dancers. One thing we all have in common though is our dedication to making great work and having fun doing it. Best of all, we can make anything the business needs and create whatever we can dream up, all in house.
- Are excited to design for both print and digital (and, most likely, beyond). We're not looking for a unicorn but we are looking for someone with a "whatever it takes" attitude who, if you don't know it, will jump in and figure it out.
- Can balance the practical with the magical (i.e. you understand when to push for innovation and when it just needs to get done...get done well, sure, but get done nonetheless).
- You love to challenge the norm and are always questioning why something has to be done a certain way but know how, where, and when to give.
- Have experience preparing print files for release. You are known for carefully and accurately preparing pre-press files.
- Are a dot-connector and collaborator, and willing to learn from anyone-no matter their role.
- You're a team player and will help out wherever needed
- Are a ridiculously awesome Designer. (This should go without saying, but we'll say it anyway. We're looking for someone who can help to raise the bar on creative not only in Toronto, but across the globe for EF.)
- Is the widest range of projects you'll ever find under 2 roofs. And since we have no external agencies, we get to do it all-from 200 page catalogues to billboards, email/display campaigns to backpacks (literally down to the color and placement of every stitch).
- We do everything from the classic (or stereotypical if you insist) in-house work to the crazy-amazing career-making campaigns and everything in between. But no matter what the assignment, we view every project as an opportunity to make something we're psyched to put in our portfolios and show off to our moms, dads, dogs, cats and/or park pigeons.
- At least 1 year of experience in a similar role.
- BFA or certificate in Graphic Design, Visual Studies, or other design-related field preferred.
- Expert knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite-InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator.
- Knowledge of Wordpress / HTML / CSS is a plus.
- An online portfolio of your work.
- Travel and language EF product discounts.
- All expenses paid international travel.
- Up to $1,500 a year for professional development/continued education.
- 20% company match on your RRSP.
- Three weeks paid vacation your first year, 4 weeks thereafter.
- Generous health/dental/vision package.
- An annual reimbursement of up to $500 for fitness-related activities.
- Charity matching.
- And of course, the opportunity to work with an incredibly talented and super fun team.
A tiny bit about EF Education First
- The company was founded over 50 years ago on the idea that the best way to learn is to go out into the world and experience it. Over the last several decades, EF has grown to more than 40,000 teachers and staff in 500 schools and offices in over 50 countries.
- Big, right? The interesting thing is that we don't operate that way. It's the best of a small company approach, atmosphere, and energy with the backing and support of a big one. Got an idea that will change the way we do business? Bring it up, and it can actually get implemented here. That's pretty cool, and not something you'll ever find at a traditional agency.