Fulfillment and Logistics Jedi
We're looking to hire a key "go-to" role in our downtown office in Toronto. The job takes place in the EF Mailroom, but we're looking for more than just a Shipper. We're searching for someone who will learn and grow with the EF Marketing and Sales teams with aim to take on inventory management, order fulfillment and logistical operations for EF Canada.
To be successful in this role you must be very approachable but extremely disciplined - you're overseeing an important and costly function of our Tours materials distributions across Canada. You're insanely organized, a master multi-tasker, and small details are your passion. EF moves at an extremely fast pace so you need the "killer instinct" to maintain, organize and juggle priorities in an often chaotic environment. The job is challenging, but also rewarding. We expect this role to single-handedly run Shipping operations within 2 months, so expectations are high within a short time-frame.
Expectations and requirements:
- You are the leader for EF Canada materials distribution, logistics and inventory. You research and seek the best way to get it from A to B or to store it the best way possible. You push our courier and storage vendors to meet our needs for the lowest cost and you constantly evaluate added services we can pass along to staff. Special requests open opportunity for permanent service changes.
- You are not satisfied with just physically processing, assembling and mailing of shipments. You strive to evolve an efficient workflow by stripping away slow-downs, pushing turnaround times and monitoring your results by "beating your previous best".
- The success or failure rests on your shoulders (not your manager's) and you embrace it to add value every day.
- You keep a "well-oiled machine" running every day and ready to hand over to backup staff or management in excellent condition at any time. The mailroom functionality with or without your presence is the result of your everyday efficient work.
- Loading and Delivery at downtown location is consistently controlled: It's your mandate to not let a Shipping operation compromise our office space image. Deliveries are stocked within minutes of arrival, floors cleared and shelves, storage furniture used effectively. Department contacts cooperate with you and your messaged system so the mandate never fails.
- You are a long-term planner for mailing schedules, materials in a supply chain: You meet, assess, order, receive, stock, fulfill, monitor, report and review your entire shipping cycle. You are not comfortable working without an annual calendar so you can be ever-prepared for short-term and long-term needs always presenting benefits for Sales, Marketing and Finance.
- Get it done! From mastering inventory metrics and bringing in your own creative genius to organizing space and process, you are meeting demand, problem-solving and lending a helping hand anywhere. This is not a role that encourages hiding. Collaboration and talking to people should be your strength.
- Take initiative and responsibility to research areas of interest to support meetings, discussions and key decisions within our US shipping team and Marketing teams.
- Have fun while really working hard, meeting new people and learning something new.
EF Educational Tours is a division of EF Education First, the world leader in international education. Founded in 1965, EF's mission is to open the world through education. To date, EF has helped millions of people learn a language, discover the world or earn an academic degree. For more information, visit careers.ef.com.
Who we are
We are travelers, innovators, doers and thinkers. We are entrepreneurial and collaborative; we are dedicated and passionate - we really work hard, and then play hard. We are global leaders in the field of education; we are proud of the role that we can play in developing citizens of the world.
Below are just a few reasons why people love working here:
- Opportunity to travel internationally
- Fantastic training and professional development
- Fun offsite outings
- Three weeks paid vacation your first year
- Comprehensive health and dental benefits, as well as a company matching RSP plan
- Travel and Language Programs: EF product discounts
- Free catered lunches on Fridays
EF Educational Tours Canada is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all interested parties. EF Educational Tours Canada will accommodate disabilities during the recruitment and selection process. Should candidates experience accessibility issues with any pages on the career site, please contact HR.Canada@EF.com for assistance.