Airline Inventory Manager
EF Educational Tours
is a division of EF Education First, the World Leader in International Education. Founded in 1965, EF has one mission: Opening the World Through Education. To date, EF has helped more than 15 million people learn a language, discover the world or earn an academic degree.
EF Educational Tours helps students and teachers discover the world through culturally immersive travel. For more information on our educational travel opportunities, visit www.eftours.ca
Who we are:
We are travelers, innovators, doers and thinkers. We are entrepreneurial, and collaborative; we are dedicated and passionate. We are global leaders in the field of education and we are proud of the role that we can play in developing citizens of the world.
We are looking for an ambitious and highly motivated candidate who wants to take the next step in their professional career. As an Airline Inventory Manager you will be responsible for providing ideal and cost-efficient flight solutions for our individual and group travelers. You will be managing your own group volume in terms of flight booking, ticketing and travel consolidation options.
Job responsibilities include:
- Work in a team of Airline Inventory Managers to book flight space for our groups and individual travelers
- Consolidate groups to travel together in order to maximize profit per bus
- Find creative solutions for challenging gateways, i.e. suggesting new routings or airlines
- Issue group tickets and take care of post ticketing changes
- Maintain positive relationships with airlines while booking new flights and making changes to existing bookings
- Work on assigned group volume throughout the year in order to constantly improve costs and quality of booked itineraries
- Work closely with our Sales, Service and Production teams in order to improve overall travel experience for our groups
- Support the Manager, Travel Canada with administrative tasks such a statistics, trainings for other departments, process improvements, etc.
- 2-3 years of work experience in the airline or travel industry (preferably in an operational role)
- Post-secondary degree/diploma, preferably in travel
- Experience with GDS/CRS (Amadeus) is an asset
- Exceptional, professional and friendly communication skills, both verbal and written
- Stress-resistant, self-motivated and committed to completing tasks within a deadline
- Service oriented attitude towards other departments and our customers
- Strong attention to detail
- Flexibility and ability to prioritize and manage time effectively
- Working well within a team, ready to support colleagues at any time
- Easily adaptable to changing situations; having a "nothing is impossible" attitude and ability to multi-task
- Pro-active attitude and always trying to anticipate potential challenges
- Comfortable working with various reports and computer systems
EF Educational Tours Canada is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all interested parties. EF Educational Tours Canada will accommodate disabilities during the recruitment and selection process. Should candidates experience accessibility issues with any pages on the career site, please contact EFCanada.HumanResources@EF.com for assistance. Please note that application submissions and other inquiries are not accepted through this email address.