Activity Leaders must have a good knowledge of Vancouver, be professional, outgoing, energetic, enjoy working with youth from around the globe, and keen to lead various activities, sports and/or activities!
You will be helping prepare the activity schedules and welcome packages for your group, and mentor and co-lead your group daily (2-4 hrs) from the moment they arrive until they depart. Each group arrives with their own team leader from their country, and spends between 2 to 4 weeks (max) in Vancouver with a daily schedule combining on-campus classes, off-campus lunch, and off-campus excursions/activities. As the local activity leader, you would be paired up with the foreign leader and provided an activity schedule and take them on daily excursions (from bowling, hiking, beach volleyball, cycling, etc) and also take them to their restaurant for lunch each day, and back to campus or to the skytrain station. You will need to be able to work independently as well as part of the school administrative team and other activity leaders.
Hours are part time to full time (20-40 per week) during mid/late June, July up to mid-August and involve either day, evening and/or occasional weekend work. For the right applicant looking for year round opportunities, there are plenty! You should enjoy living in Vancouver, socializing, playing sports, and possess leadership skills!
Qualifications and competencies:
- Highly motivated, energetic, positive, approachable with excellent interpersonal skills
- Encourage a positive and sharing attitude, be organized, thorough & detail oriented.
- Be a star customer service ambassador!
- Preference given to those with an up to date First Aid certificate; otherwise training will be provided
- (Ideal but not mandatory): Preference for applicants who speak one of the following languages in addition to fluent English (Spanish, Mandarin, Cantonese, or Portuguese)
- Liaise with Activities Coordinator and other Activity Leaders (every Friday) to review upcoming schedule; assist to prepare any welcome packs for group arrival at YVR airport and finalize scheduled activities (May include preparing name tags, printing google maps for directions, calling event suppliers to confirm updated group numbers, etc)
- Meet and greet your group at airport and give students welcome packs on their first day
- Lead and participate in a varied programme of activities for students each week.Take groups of students on different activities around Vancouver- Follow safety rules and protocols for any emergencies
- - Assist administration staff with office/reception tasks when needed
- Provide information, answer student questions and help students when needed
- Assist with general school activities (BBQs, beach volleyball or soccer leagues, welcome/graduation parties, etc)
- Upload photos/videos from your group activities to school social media sites
- Be flexible to use snapchat, Facebook live and our in-house MyEF Noticeboard app to communicate
This is an amazing opportunity to work at EF, the world's largest language provider with locations in over 70 different countries, and with endless career and travel opportunities locally and worldwide for suitable candidates. EF is the official language sponsor of the Sao Paulo, Pyeong Chang, and Tokyo Olympics, and starting this summer we are looking for the right people who are keen to show off Vancouver to our guests from around the globe. These positions are perfect for university/college students who are looking for a fun, challenging and rewarding experience during the summer, and potentially ongoing!
Please apply with a resume and brief cover letter. We thank all candidates in advance for your application.
About EF Education First
We're 43,500 small. We're teachers and students, creatives and analysts, visionaries and doers. We are 120 nationalities-and counting. Together, we open the world through education, breaking down barriers of language, culture and geography all over the world. Over the past 50 years, our mission has grown to include a diverse range of programs that give millions of students of all ages the freedom and confidence to explore the world through language, travel and academic opportunities. Follow us on LinkedIn or check out http://careers.ef.com to learn more about our amazing team, products, and customers.