Denny’s has been proudly serving local customers for over 40 years, and we are continuing to grow with the right people! With over 50 restaurants across Canada, you need not look any further than your local Denny's to understand the secret of its success: employees who enjoy flexible hours, benefit programs, competitive wages, a fun-filled atmosphere, and opportunities to grow.
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance
- RRSP Employer Contribution
- Gain Sharing Incentive Program
- Management Bonus Program
- Employee discounts with Revelstoke Resort, YYOGA, TELUS, Rogers Mobile, Dell, Kal Tire, Soft Moc, Frazer Way RV, Park n Fly, Serta Mattresses, and more!
The Restaurant Manager is responsible for supporting/assisting the General Manager in overall restaurant operations, execution, management of staff, controllable profit plan achievement, guest count growth, and sales building activities. Additional responsibilities include focus on employee selection, retention, continuous operational improvement, and a strong commitment to hospitality and guest satisfaction.
The Restaurant Manager reports to the General Manager, assists with the supervision of approximately 15 – 20 crew members, and has a strong commitment to guest satisfaction and Denny’s Core Values when interacting with others.
Duties and Accountabilities:
- Prepares and interprets financial and operational reports, analyzes data, and develops solutions to ensure operating goals are achieved
- Assists the General Manager by overseeing assigned shifts; monitors brand standards execution and adherence by directing hourly staff to achieve guest service standards in a clean and pleasant environment
- Develops and coaches hourly employees on brand standards, internal policies and procedures, and other guest focused programs/activities to meet or exceed guest service standards
- Works with the General Manager to attract, hire, onboard and retain the best hourly talent to meet staffing requirements and guest service standards
- Works with the General Manager to develop hourly employees through corporate training programs, individual development plans, and system assignments
- Maintains compliance with all Denny’s Brand Standards, to include all provincial, local and federal regulations
- All other tasks and duties as assigned
- Must have 2 years’ experience in restaurant or hospitality industry; additional operations and/or leadership experience strongly preferred
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills and the ability to communicate with all levels of the organization
- Must be able to interpret financial statements and understand contributing factors
- Must be licensed to operate an automobile without restrictions
- Must have reliable transportation in order to meet banking obligations
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer that considers applicants without regard to race, sex, religion, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by law.