Dana Hospitality Inc. is a culturally diverse, energetic, entrepreneurial Canadian foodservices management company passionate about cooking and serving fresh food, sourced from Canadian farms. We are committed to operating in an environmentally responsible way and giving back to the communities we serve. We are proudly Canadian committed to providing hospitality jobs for Canadians with opportunities for them to learn and develop advanced skills and become technologically fluent. We are a team of professional managers, chefs, cooks and hospitality associates focussed on our customers and guests, making their eating experiences at work the very best part of the day. We use technology to become ever better more cost effectively at what we do. We are a sister company to Marek Hospitality Inc. specializes in retail healthcare foodservices. Co-located in Oakville, Ontario together we serve over 100 clients throughout the province and in British Columbia in private and public sector organizations.
Dana Hospitality is a Canadian owned company that began business in 1987. Its founder, Byron Kaczmarek, left the corporate world in food services to become an entrepreneur and made the bold move to introduce a boutique food service management business; one that provided fresh, healthy, prepared on-site food in sparkling clean facilities, with genuine hospitality and proactive, responsive management. The corporate world responded positively and Dana quickly became known as a preferred brand of food service management offering a level of quality and service not found elsewhere. In 1996 Byron launched a second company, Marek Hospitality Inc. to address opportunities in the larger public and institutional sectors where clients appreciate the benefits of a healthy, fresh on-site foodservice. In 2007, Dana Hospitality entered the independent school market with a stellar food services program designed specifically for this very specialized environment. Dana and Marek Hospitality continue to expand into new foodservice market segments customizing their preferred brand of on-site hospitality to serve over 60,000 customers every day across Canada and to employ over 600 people.
We are looking for a District Manager to join our team in the Greater Toronto Area. This is a pivotal role within our team that will support multiple units in achieving culinary service excellence. This position is field based and will require daily travel.
The position will...
- Establish an efficient food service operation by developing a high performance team, effectively recruiting, training, scheduling, coaching, managing performance, and motivating employees in an effort to ensure high levels of product quality and customer satisfaction
- Ensure openings and renovations are on schedule and stay within pre-determined budgets. Be flexible and adjust plans according to ongoing situations
- Lay out the specifics for budgeting, ordering, delivery, and preparation of food to be served on a daily basis in all new accounts while examining pre-existing account setup to improve operations and offerings
- Provide direction to the Chef Managers in each designated account in regards to menu development, nutrition, portions, and preparation methods, creating a safe and efficient process
- Coordinate all equipment maintenance and purchases as well as building repairs by working with appropriate contacts
- Ensure that established sanitation and safety standards are maintained and all required legislation and guidelines are adhered to
- Develop and implement marketing and catering plans for the accounts to drive sales and improve on culinary offering
The competencies and qualifications needed...
- Bachelor’s degree in Food and Nutrition, Institutional Management or Hotel and Restaurant Management, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience
- 3 years of related experience in a high volume, food service/cafeteria, catering environment
- People management experience – recruiting, coaching & developing, motivating, and managing the performance of large teams
- ServeSafe & FoodSafe certification with thorough knowledge of food service laws and legislation
- Thorough knowledge of culinary operations and demonstrated experience regarding large scale food preparation techniques, procedures, and equipment
- Possess a strong commitment to customer service and going above and beyond expectations
- A thorough understanding of food service program finances and budgets
- Highly organized, a keen attention to detail, adaptive, and able to work within a fast paced environment
- Able to effectively use a computer and all related software
- Superior communication skills in both verbal and written English
Benefits of working for Dana…
Be rewarded for your hard work with a comprehensive compensation package including;
- Health and Dental benefits plan including; drug plan, travel assistance, hospital services, vision care, orthotics, massage therapy, physiotherapy, acupuncture, dental recall examinations, space maintainers, periodontal services, denture repair, and more
- Life insurance and Accidental Death & Dismemberment
- Long Term Disability discounted group plan
- Tuition reimbursement program
- RRSP plan
- The opportunity to learn from industry professionals while working in an environment that promotes teamwork
- Have the chance to further your career with a growing company in a fast-paced industry
If you are looking for an opportunity to love what you do while working with a great team reply to this posting with a copy of your cover letter and resume. Dana Hospitality LP. is an equal opportunity employer and we would like to thank all applicants for their interest. Only those applicants under consideration will be contacted.