Trade Support Analyst, Derivative Products
Make an impact at a global and dynamic investment organization
When you invest your career in CPP Investment Board (CPPIB), you join one of the most respected and fastest growing institutional investors in the world. With current assets under management valued in excess of $300 billion, and projected to exceed half a trillion by 2030, CPPIB is a professional investment management organization that globally invests the funds of the Canada Pension Plan to ensure long-term sustainability. CPPIB invests in all major asset classes, including public equity, private equity, real estate, infrastructure and fixed-income instruments, and currently has offices in Toronto, London, Hong Kong, New York, São Paulo, Luxembourg and Mumbai.
CPPIB attracts and selects high-calibre individuals from top-tier institutions around the globe. Join our team and look forward to:
- Diverse and inspiring colleagues and approachable leaders
- Stimulating work in a fast-paced, intellectually challenging environment
- Accelerated exposure and responsibility
- Global career development opportunities
- Being motivated every day by CPPIB's important social purpose and unshakable principles
- A deeply rooted culture of Integrity, Partnership and High Performance
If you share a passion for performance, value a collegial and collaborative culture, and approach everything with the highest integrity, here's an opportunity for you to invest your career at CPPIB.
The Investments Operations Derivative Products group is accountable for ensuring all derivative based strategies are executed in an effective and efficient manner, from trade execution to maturity. The group provides support for a range of products including variance swaps, total return swaps, OTC options, credit default swaps and interest rate swaps.
The Trade Support Analyst will be expected to provide quality support for ongoing day-to-day transactions and monitoring of daily processes with regards to OTC derivatives. This support will consist of timely reconciliation, support and processing of daily functions. This will include trade economic details, settlements and coordination across various functions within Derivative Products to ensure accurate valuation of both Listed and OTC products.
The position will require interaction with various investment professionals and custodians to ensure all components of the derivative life cycle are complete and accurate. The ideal candidate for this career opportunity is a self starter who possesses superior analytical skills and enjoys working in a fast paced environment.
- Contributes to the development of a robust operating model, built on best practices, for OTC and listed derivatives
- Perform mark to market variance check to ensure OTC derivative products are accurately valued on a daily basis, which includes total return swaps, credit default swaps, interest rate swaps, and synthetic CDO, etc
- Proactively resolve valuation and economic data discrepancies within the bound of assigned authorities; escalate any issues in a timely and efficient manner
- Contribute to accurate derivative valuations by processing derivative related corporate actions and fixed income security setups to ensure economic information is properly reflected
- Ensures financial information is complete and accurate on all derivative related trades
- Processes daily OTC derivative accounting transactions and cash flows
- Provide OTC Derivative settlements coverage
- Coordinates with downstream users on any market data exceptions and ensures corrections occur in a timely manner
- Populates all OTC derivative fixings daily
- Provides support and building relationships with our business partners
- Participates in projects to continuously improve derivative processing at CPPIB
- Working hours 11am - 7pm & 9 - 5pm rotating
- Undergraduate degree in Finance, Commerce, Engineering, Economics or a related discipline
- Excellent analytical skills and the ability to think through problems and assess a variety of factors and recommend a solution
- Direct operational experience in derivative operations
- Investment industry qualifications including the CSC and/or CFA enrolment is an asset
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Must have solid knowledge on equities, fixed income, and basic derivative products
- Team player who enjoys a challenging performance driven culture
- Strong technical and analytical skills, including high attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Proficiency with all Microsoft Office applications; aptitude in learning new software applications
- Experience with Bloomberg, Murex and/or Simcorp is an asset
- Must have strong time management and organization skills
- Can readily adapt to a rapidly changing investment business and technology environments
- Self motivated, flexible, adaptable
Visit our Linkedin Career Page or Follow us on LinkedIn.
At CPP Investment Board, we are committed to diversity and equitable access to employment opportunities based on ability.
We thank all applicants for their interest but will only contact candidates selected to advance in the hiring process
CPP Investment Board does not accept resumes from employment placement agencies, head-hunters or recruitment suppliers that are not in a formal contractual arrangement with us. Our recruitment supplier arrangements are restricted to specific hiring needs and do not include this or other web-site job postings. Any resume or other information received from a supplier not approved by CPP Investment Board to provide resumes to this posting or web-site will be considered unsolicited and will not be considered. CPP Investment Board will not pay any referral, placement or other fee for the supply of such unsolicited resumes or information.