Specialist, Capital Markets Technology
Make an impact at a global and dynamic investment organization
When you invest your career in CPP Investment Board (CPPIB), you join one of the most respected and fastest growing institutional investors in the world. With current assets under management valued in excess of $300 billion, and projected to exceed half a trillion by 2030, CPPIB is a professional investment management organization that globally invests the funds of the Canada Pension Plan to ensure long-term sustainability. CPPIB invests in all major asset classes, including public equity, private equity, real estate, infrastructure and fixed-income instruments, and currently has offices in Toronto, London, Hong Kong, New York, São Paulo, Luxembourg and Mumbai.
CPPIB attracts and selects high-calibre individuals from top-tier institutions around the globe. Join our team and look forward to:
- Diverse and inspiring colleagues and approachable leaders
- Stimulating work in a fast-paced, intellectually challenging environment
- Accelerated exposure and responsibility
- Global career development opportunities
- Being motivated every day by CPPIB's important social purpose and unshakable principles
- A deeply rooted culture of Integrity, Partnership and High Performance
If you share a passion for performance, value a collegial and collaborative culture, and approach everything with the highest integrity, here's an opportunity for you to invest your career at CPPIB.
You will work as a Specialist Developer in Capital Markets Technology, partnering with CPPIB's traders, investment professionals and operations staff to design and implement solutions enabling trading and post trade activities. You will be responsible for leading developers and hands on development of solutions covering a number asset classes including equities, fixed income, derivatives, OTC and FX.
Through close partnership with traders, investment professionals and operations, you will see firsthand how your software is impacting trade activities and delivering long-term value to the CPP Fund for the benefit of 20 million CPP contributors and beneficiaries.
- Manage projects within the Capital Markets Technology group by architecting software solutions, managing timelines/deliverables and leading junior developers in their tasks.
- Create procedures to ensure best practices are being met in the software development process.
- Liaise with technical and business individuals who may be internal CPPIB staff or external vendors towards the completion of projects.
- Create tactical solutions tailored to business needs with long term architecture in mind.
- Coach junior team members and provide technical guidance.
- Provide knowledge transfer of application support and deployment processes to team members, Operations, and Support personnel through proper documentation.
- Develop the right IT behaviors to enable building of scalable solutions within predictable time frames.
- Other duties as assigned.
- If you possess the following, we'd like to hear from you:
- University degree in Engineering or Computer Science preferred.
- Leadership experience acting as a manager or lead developer.
- Good understanding of trading, derivatives, trade life cycle with an eagerness to contribute to the systems that support them.
- Strong knowledge of software development best practices and patterns.
- Motivation to build your technical skills in key areas and languages including Java, C++, Python
- Passion to expand your domain knowledge both on the job and through continued education in courses such as the CFA, CSC and DFC.
- Commitment to CPPIB's guiding principles of integrity, partnership and high performance.
Visit our Linkedin Career Page or Follow us on LinkedIn.
At CPP Investment Board, we are committed to diversity and equitable access to employment opportunities based on ability.
We thank all applicants for their interest but will only contact candidates selected to advance in the hiring process
CPP Investment Board does not accept resumes from employment placement agencies, head-hunters or recruitment suppliers that are not in a formal contractual arrangement with us. Our recruitment supplier arrangements are restricted to specific hiring needs and do not include this or other web-site job postings. Any resume or other information received from a supplier not approved by CPP Investment Board to provide resumes to this posting or web-site will be considered unsolicited and will not be considered. CPP Investment Board will not pay any referral, placement or other fee for the supply of such unsolicited resumes or information.