Senior Intern Analyst, Finance & Operations
Make an impact at a global dynamic investment organization
When you invest your career in CPP Investment Board (CPPIB), you join one of the most respected and fastest growing institutional investors in the world. With current assets under management valued in excess of $278 billion, and projected to reach $300 billion by 2020, CPPIB is a professional investment management organization that globally invests the funds of the Canada Pension Plan to ensure long-term sustainability. CPPIB invests in all major asset classes, including public equity, private equity, real estate, infrastructure and fixed-income instruments, and currently has offices in Toronto, Hong Kong, London, Mumbai, New York and São Paulo.
CPPIB attracts and selects high-calibre individuals from top-tier institutions around the globe. Join our team and look forward to:
- Being motivated every day by CPPIB's important social purpose and guiding principles
- Diverse and inspiring colleagues and approachable leaders
- Stimulating work in a fast-paced, intellectually challenging environment
- Accelerated exposure and responsibility
- Global career development opportunities
- A deeply rooted culture of Integrity, Partnership and High Performance
If you share a passion for performance, value a collegial and collaborative culture, and approach everything with the highest integrity, here's an opportunity for you to invest your career at CPPIB.
We are currently hiring Sr. Intern Analysts for the summer of 2017 in a number of departments within our Finance & Operations groups.
Responsibilities will vary depending on the department, but may include the following:
- Perform trade confirmation, trade capture, reconciliations and reporting to internal stakeholders for various investment products
- Assist in the operational and functional implementation of new trading activities and products
- Prepare reporting and analysis of portfolio exposures, forecasted transactions, profit & loss, performance measures, and investment risk measures
- Assist with pricing and valuation of portfolio securities
- Develop and document business requirements to support CPPIB's operational projects, process enhancements and data/technology initiatives
- Conduct research and draft memorandums on specific investment or industry-related topics
- Proactively identify and implement process controls and efficiencies
What does it take to join our team?
Candidates in an undergraduate program that will be returning to school in the Fall of 2017 are eligible to apply. We look for individuals who have had proven success in academics and in extra-curricular activities. We want team players who have the knowledge and desire to continue to learn, grow and excel in a fast-paced, team oriented environment. We look for students who are driven to take on responsibility at an early stage in their careers and who are able to meet deadlines and work under pressure. You'll need to have an interest in investment and finance, coupled with strong communication and interpersonal skills.
If you have an interest for working with some of the most talented people in the financial industry in an environment of integrity, partnership and high performance, then you should consider a career at CPP Investment Board.
To apply, please include a cover letter, resume, and transcripts (full unofficial version) by January 24, 2017 at 12:00pm EST.