Senior Developer/Developer Risk & Investment Systems
Make an impact at a global and dynamic investment organization
When you invest your career in CPP Investment Board (CPPIB), you join one of the most respected and fastest growing institutional investors in the world. With current assets under management valued in excess of $300 billion, and projected to exceed half a trillion by 2030, CPPIB is a professional investment management organization that globally invests the funds of the Canada Pension Plan to ensure long-term sustainability. CPPIB invests in all major asset classes, including public equity, private equity, real estate, infrastructure and fixed-income instruments, and currently has offices in Toronto, London, Hong Kong, New York, São Paulo, Luxembourg and Mumbai.
CPPIB attracts and selects high-calibre individuals from top-tier institutions around the globe. Join our team and look forward to:
- Diverse and inspiring colleagues and approachable leaders
- Stimulating work in a fast-paced, intellectually challenging environment
- Accelerated exposure and responsibility
- Global career development opportunities
- Being motivated every day by CPPIB's important social purpose and unshakable principles
- A deeply rooted culture of Integrity, Partnership and High Performance
If you share a passion for performance, value a collegial and collaborative culture, and approach everything with the highest integrity, here's an opportunity for you to invest your career at CPPIB.
You will work as a Senior Developer/Developer in Risk and Investment Systems, partnering with CPPIB's investment professionals and operations staff to design and implement solutions enabling portfolio management and trading activities. You will be responsible for hands on development and maintenance of solutions covering a number asset classes including equities, fixed income, derivatives, FX, as well as private investments.
Through close partnership with investment professionals and operations, you will see firsthand how your software is impacting trade activities and delivering long-term value to the CPP Fund for the benefit of 20 million CPP contributors and beneficiaries.
- Manage timelines/deliverables and lead junior developers within the team towards the successful delivery of projects.
- Design software solutions by interacting with portfolio managers, traders, operations staff and peers to understand requirements.
- Develop solutions that are in line with CPPIB's technology biases, deliver efficiency and scalability, and enable new trading activities.
- Create and promote procedures to ensure best practices are met in the software development process.
- Provide knowledge transfer to team members and support staff through application demos, walkthroughs, and documentation.
- Provide end-user support to ensure minimal disruption to portfolio management and trading activities.
- Other duties as assigned.
If you possess the following, we'd like to hear from you:
- University degree in Engineering or Computer Science preferred.
- Strong interest in private and capital markets and eagerness to contribute to the systems that support them.
- Strong knowledge of software development best practices and patterns.
- Motivation to build your technical skills in key areas and languages including Java, C++, Python, R, SQL, AngularJS.
- Passion to expand your domain knowledge both on the job and through continued education in courses such as the CSC and DFC.
- Commitment to CPPIB's guiding principles of integrity, partnership and high performance.
Visit our Linkedin Career Page or Follow us on LinkedIn.
At CPP Investment Board, we are committed to diversity and equitable access to employment opportunities based on ability.
We thank all applicants for their interest but will only contact candidates selected to advance in the hiring process
CPP Investment Board does not accept resumes from employment placement agencies, head-hunters or recruitment suppliers that are not in a formal contractual arrangement with us. Our recruitment supplier arrangements are restricted to specific hiring needs and do not include this or other web-site job postings. Any resume or other information received from a supplier not approved by CPP Investment Board to provide resumes to this posting or web-site will be considered unsolicited and will not be considered. CPP Investment Board will not pay any referral, placement or other fee for the supply of such unsolicited resumes or information.