Senior Analyst, Investment Risk
Make an impact at a global and dynamic investment organization
When you invest your career in CPP Investment Board (CPPIB), you join one of the most respected and fastest growing institutional investors in the world. With current assets under management valued in excess of $300 billion, and projected to exceed half a trillion by 2030, CPPIB is a professional investment management organization that globally invests the funds of the Canada Pension Plan to ensure long-term sustainability. CPPIB invests in all major asset classes, including public equity, private equity, real estate, infrastructure and fixed-income instruments, and currently has offices in Toronto, London, Hong Kong, New York, São Paulo, Luxembourg and Mumbai.
CPPIB attracts and selects high-calibre individuals from top-tier institutions around the globe. Join our team and look forward to:
- Diverse and inspiring colleagues and approachable leaders
- Stimulating work in a fast-paced, intellectually challenging environment
- Accelerated exposure and responsibility
- Global career development opportunities
- Being motivated every day by CPPIB's important social purpose and unshakable principles
- A deeply rooted culture of Integrity, Partnership and High Performance
If you share a passion for performance, value a collegial and collaborative culture, and approach everything with the highest integrity, here's an opportunity for you to invest your career at CPPIB.
We are currently hiring a Senior Analyst for the Risk Analytics team which sits within our Investment Risk group in Toronto. The Investment Risk team works with the Investment departments to understand risks in the portfolio, both at the transactional level and following investment, portfolio-wide. They provide incremental risk assessments of new transactions and impact on total portfolio, identifying investment concentrations and vulnerabilities to adverse market conditions for Management and the Board of Directors.
As a Senior Analyst, you will:
- Prepare, validate and distribute regular and ad hoc Investment Portfolio risk reports
- Analyze risk results for both the portfolio and aggregated fund at a detailed level to ensure completeness and accuracy of results
- Carry out risk attribution for individual investment strategies and identify risk factors using established methodologies and applications
- Ensure that risk estimates are calculated correctly through analytical reviews, reasonability checks, position reconciliations and established processes that comply with Investment Risk Management Standards and Methodologies
- Work with functional teams, in particular Credit Risk Oversight and Market Risk Oversight, to develop strategy-specific risk reports and analyze investment department strategies
- Develop and foster effective working relationships across the CPP Investment Board and external risk service providers
- Develop a deep knowledge of the current risk infrastructure, identifying opportunities for improvements and design solutions to address shortcomings or enhancements with the Solutions Engineering team within Risk Analytics, the Investment Risk group and IT
- Work with data service departments and/or IT partners to identify and source necessary position, market and reference data to fulfill risk measurement practices
- Facilitate the integration of tactical and manual solutions into production-grade systems by framing and documenting the functionalities for IT
- Participate in or lead ad hoc Investment Risk projects and autonomously liaise with other departments to satisfy dependencies and acquire source data
- Accommodate an occasional early work shift (8am to 4pm) to support critical daily compliance monitoring
Consider applying if you:
- Have 3+ years of work experience in the investment/capital markets risk management area
- Have an undergraduate or advanced degree in Business, Finance, Engineering, Math or other relevant discipline with a strong appetite for quantitative and statistical data
- Have a professional designation such as a CFA, CPA, CAIA, FRM or other
- Have an understanding of risk measurement principles (i.e. risk factors, risk decomposition, risk modeling) and a strong analytical background with experience in an operational environment
- Have the ability to build/automate solutions and lead initiatives using SQL/VBA/Database skills
- Have experience with MSCI RiskMetrics and/or Moody's RiskFrontier and familiarity with Bloomberg and/or Thomson Reuters
- Solid working knowledge of Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- If you have an interest in working with talented people in the financial industry in an environment of integrity, partnership and high performance then you should consider a career in Investment Risk with us.
- To apply, please include a cover letter and CV.
Visit our Linkedin Career Page or Follow us on LinkedIn.
At CPP Investment Board, we are committed to diversity and equitable access to employment opportunities based on ability.
We thank all applicants for their interest but will only contact candidates selected to advance in the hiring process
CPP Investment Board does not accept resumes from employment placement agencies, head-hunters or recruitment suppliers that are not in a formal contractual arrangement with us. Our recruitment supplier arrangements are restricted to specific hiring needs and do not include this or other web-site job postings. Any resume or other information received from a supplier not approved by CPP Investment Board to provide resumes to this posting or web-site will be considered unsolicited and will not be considered. CPP Investment Board will not pay any referral, placement or other fee for the supply of such unsolicited resumes or information.