Rotational Technologist, Information Technology
Make an impact at a global dynamic investment organization
When you invest your career in CPP Investment Board (CPPIB), you join one of the most respected and fastest growing institutional investors in the world. With current assets under management valued in excess of $278 billion, and projected to reach $300 billion by 2020, CPPIB is a professional investment management organization that globally invests the funds of the Canada Pension Plan to ensure long-term sustainability. CPPIB invests in all major asset classes, including public equity, private equity, real estate, infrastructure and fixed-income instruments, and currently has offices in Toronto, Hong Kong, London, Mumbai, New York and São Paulo.
CPPIB attracts and selects high-calibre individuals from top-tier institutions around the globe. Join our team and look forward to:
• Being motivated every day by CPPIB’s important social purpose and guiding principles
• Diverse and inspiring colleagues and approachable leaders
• Stimulating work in a fast-paced, intellectually challenging environment
• Accelerated exposure and responsibility
• Global career development opportunities
• A deeply rooted culture of Integrity, Partnership and High Performance
If you share a passion for performance, value a collegial and collaborative culture, and approach everything with the highest integrity, here’s an opportunity for you to invest your career at CPPIB.
Information Technology provides innovative solutions for the investment and core services functions across CPPIB. The combination of leading edge design and development with sophisticated delivery and operational practices ensures the IT team will meet the technology needs of CPPIB’s global workforce to enable CPPIB’s long term investment mandate.
CPPIB is seeking Technologists to participate in our rotational full time program. Successful candidates are exceptional problem solvers, enthusiastic and driven to learn. You are given the opportunity to apply the skills developed in the classroom to solve complex business problems.
As a technologist, you will rotate within three of our development teams. There will be opportunities to collaborate with experienced professionals in both the business and technology groups to gain invaluable insight and industry knowledge.
• Collaborate with business and technology teams to ensure deliverables are clear
• Estimate work effort, identify risks and provide feedback on the feasibility to deliver by target dates
• Promote development tools and Agile best practices through active team participation, knowledge sharing sessions and maintenance of documentation on team wiki
• Ensure sufficient test coverage to guard against breaking existing functionality
What does it take to join our team?
You are eligible to apply if you are in an undergraduate program and expecting to graduate in 2017. We look for candidates that have displayed academic success while balancing extracurricular activities, a strong skill-set in program development, valuations and analytics, as well as good communication, interpersonal and relationship building skills.
If you have an interest in working with talented professionals in the financial industry in an environment of integrity, partnership and high performance then you should consider a career in Information Technology at CPP Investment Board.
To apply, please include a cover letter, resume, and transcripts (full unofficial version) by October 18, 2016 at 11:59pm EST.
Visit our LinkedIn Career Page or Follow us on LinkedIn.
At CPP Investment Board, we are committed to diversity and equitable access to employment opportunities based on ability. We thank all applicants for their interest but will only contact candidates selected to advance in the hiring process.