Portfolio Analytics Systems Manager
Make an impact at a global and dynamic investment organization
When you invest your career in CPP Investment Board (CPPIB), you join one of the most respected and fastest growing institutional investors in the world. With current assets under management valued in excess of $300 billion, and projected to exceed half a trillion by 2030, CPPIB is a professional investment management organization that globally invests the funds of the Canada Pension Plan to ensure long-term sustainability. CPPIB invests in all major asset classes, including public equity, private equity, real estate, infrastructure and fixed-income instruments, and currently has offices in Toronto, London, Hong Kong, New York, São Paulo, Luxembourg and Mumbai.
CPPIB attracts and selects high-calibre individuals from top-tier institutions around the globe. Join our team and look forward to:
- Diverse and inspiring colleagues and approachable leaders
- Stimulating work in a fast-paced, intellectually challenging environment
- Accelerated exposure and responsibility
- Global career development opportunities
- Being motivated every day by CPPIB's important social purpose and unshakable principles
- A deeply rooted culture of Integrity, Partnership and High Performance
If you share a passion for performance, value a collegial and collaborative culture, and approach everything with the highest integrity, here's an opportunity for you to invest your career at CPPIB.
You will work as a Manager in Portfolio Analyst Systems, leading a team of analysts and developers to deliver solutions enabling portfolio management and pre-deal analytics. You will be responsible for planning and prioritizing deliverables for the team and will be involved with the software delivery through code and architecture reviews. The applications delivered by the team will be used for private investments and hedge fund investments.
Through close partnership with investment professionals and operations, you will see firsthand how your software is impacting deal monitoring and decision making and delivering long-term value to the CPP Fund for the benefit of 20 million CPP contributors and beneficiaries.
- Manage a high performing team of software developers, providing feedback and opportunities within the team to help members improve and grow.
- Coordinate and prioritize requests from business partners and work with the development team to establish timelines for delivery.
- Design software solutions by interacting with investment professionals, operations staff and peers to understand requirements.
- Perform code and architecture reviews to ensure code quality and adherence to established technology biases.
- Communicate effectively to business partners and management to ensure both successes and risks are known and understood.
- Create and promote procedures to ensure software development best practices are met.
- Other duties as assigned.
If you possess the following, we'd like to hear from you:
- University degree in Engineering or Computer Science preferred.
- At least 2 years of experience managing a team of software professionals.
- Experience working in private or capital markets and eagerness to contribute to the systems that support them.
- Strong knowledge of software development best practices and patterns.
- Passion to expand your domain knowledge both on the job and through continued education
- Commitment to CPPIB's guiding principles of integrity, partnership and high performance.
Visit our LinkedIn Career Page or Follow us on LinkedIn.
At CPP Investment Board, we are committed to diversity and equitable access to employment opportunities based on ability.
We thank all applicants for their interest but will only contact candidates selected to advance in the hiring process
CPP Investment Board does not accept resumes from employment placement agencies, head-hunters or recruitment suppliers that are not in a formal contractual arrangement with us. Our recruitment supplier arrangements are restricted to specific hiring needs and do not include this or other web-site job postings. Any resume or other information received from a supplier not approved by CPP Investment Board to provide resumes to this posting or web-site will be considered unsolicited and will not be considered. CPP Investment Board will not pay any referral, placement or other fee for the supply of such unsolicited resumes or information.