Mail & Support Clerk, Facilities & Office Services
Make an impact at a global and dynamic investment organization
When you invest your career in CPP Investment Board (CPPIB), you join one of the most respected and fastest growing institutional investors in the world. With current assets under management valued in excess of $300 billion, and projected to exceed half a trillion by 2030, CPPIB is a professional investment management organization that globally invests the funds of the Canada Pension Plan to ensure long-term sustainability. CPPIB invests in all major asset classes, including public equity, private equity, real estate, infrastructure and fixed-income instruments, and currently has offices in Toronto, London, Hong Kong, New York, São Paulo, Luxembourg and Mumbai.
CPPIB attracts and selects high-calibre individuals from top-tier institutions around the globe. Join our team and look forward to:
- Diverse and inspiring colleagues and approachable leaders
- Stimulating work in a fast-paced, intellectually challenging environment
- Accelerated exposure and responsibility
- Global career development opportunities
- Being motivated every day by CPPIB's important social purpose and unshakable principles
- A deeply rooted culture of Integrity, Partnership and High Performance
If you share a passion for performance, value a collegial and collaborative culture, and approach everything with the highest integrity, here's an opportunity for you to invest your career at CPPIB.
Provides customer focused support services for CPP Investment Board; including mailroom services, shipping, receiving, office equipment, supplies management and AV support. Also provides back up and relief services for other members of the Facilities and Office Services team. The Mail & Support Clerk strongly reflects our Guiding Principles of Integrity, Partnership, and High Performance.
- Picks up, sorts and distributes all incoming mail and courier packages according to established schedules and procedures for the One Queen location.
- Receives and records all incoming courier packages and registered mail.
- Prepares and processes all outgoing mail and courier according to established schedules and procedures.
- Drops off outgoing Canada Post mail at local depot at the end of each day.
- Responsible to internal customers for all queries regarding packages, services, carriers, processes, guidelines, and procedures relating to CPPIB mailroom services.
- Processes all mailroom vendor invoices for payment using AP Invoice Templates and submits to Senior Manager, Facilities & Office Services for approval.
Facilities and Office Services
- Responsible for provision and replenishment of office supplies, including inventory management to support this.
- Maintains copy areas and ensures bulletin board postings are current.
- Stocks all kitchens with employee beverages; this also includes inventory management and ordering of product as required.
- Performs inspection of all office equipment (i.e. printers, copiers, fax) to ensure equipment is in good working order and supplies are readily available. Responsible for all related servicing, administration and follow-up. This may include performing minor repairs and informing General Services Lead of any major issues.
- Responds to all incoming requests from internal staff with respect to office supplies and various facilities issues.
- Provides backup support to Mail & Support Clerk at 151 Yonge location during absences or work overflow.
- Contributes to CPPIB's Onboarding process by preparing new hire packages and completing desk setups.
- Provides equipment and set-up / removal service of audio-visual and meeting room aids.
- Participates in internal office moves; this includes bin delivery and collection, posting workstation/office equipment set up sheets as well as moving staff belongings. Also works with broader team with large group moves.
- May be required to come to site in the case of emergencies
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum one year general office experience, preferably in the Financial services industry.
- Professional personal presentation and conduct.
- Works well in a fast changing environment.
- Flexible and proactive attitude; multi-tasker; with excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and prioritize to ensure service excellence.
- Strong problem solving skills and ability to work under pressure.
- Advanced knowledge of Outlook; Intermediate knowledge of MS Word and Excel is required; basic/working knowledge of MS PowerPoint an asset.
- Team player who enjoys a high performance culture.
- Ability to lift 40 lbs.
- Strong customer service skills and proven ability to work in a fast paced, high touch environment.
- Effective English communications skills (verbal and written) and strong interpersonal skills are essential
- Must be a reliable and dependable individual who can perform well with general supervision
- Must be punctual and have flexibility to work additional hours from time-to-time in excess of the Standard hours. This may include mornings, afternoons, evenings and weekends as required
- Must be a team player who is highly responsive, reliable, adaptable, self motivated and time flexible
- Must also be willing to work overtime as required
- Exemplifies our Guiding Principles of Integrity, Partnership and High Performance.
Visit our Linkedin Career Page or Follow us on LinkedIn.
At CPP Investment Board, we are committed to diversity and equitable access to employment opportunities based on ability.
We thank all applicants for their interest but will only contact candidates selected to advance in the hiring process
CPP Investment Board does not accept resumes from employment placement agencies, head-hunters or recruitment suppliers that are not in a formal contractual arrangement with us. Our recruitment supplier arrangements are restricted to specific hiring needs and do not include this or other web-site job postings. Any resume or other information received from a supplier not approved by CPP Investment Board to provide resumes to this posting or web-site will be considered unsolicited and will not be considered. CPP Investment Board will not pay any referral, placement or other fee for the supply of such unsolicited resumes or information.