IT Analyst, Operational Services and Improvement
Make an impact at a global and dynamic investment organization
When you invest your career in CPP Investment Board (CPPIB), you join one of the most respected and fastest growing institutional investors in the world. With current assets under management valued in excess of $300 billion, and projected to exceed half a trillion by 2030, CPPIB is a professional investment management organization that globally invests the funds of the Canada Pension Plan to ensure long-term sustainability. CPPIB invests in all major asset classes, including public equity, private equity, real estate, infrastructure and fixed-income instruments, and is headquartered in Toronto with offices in Hong Kong, London, Luxembourg, Mumbai, New York City, São Paulo and Sydney.
CPPIB attracts and selects high-calibre individuals from top-tier institutions around the globe. Join our team and look forward to:
- Diverse and inspiring colleagues and approachable leaders
- Stimulating work in a fast-paced, intellectually challenging environment
- Accelerated exposure and responsibility
- Global career development opportunities
- Being motivated every day by CPPIB's important social purpose and unshakable principles
- A deeply rooted culture of Integrity, Partnership and High Performance
If you share a passion for performance, value a collegial and collaborative culture, and approach everything with the highest integrity, here's an opportunity for you to invest your career at CPPIB.
- This role, as part of Operations Service & Improvements (OSI) is responsible for providing operational support for Information Technology applications, contributing to the continuous improvement of IT processes, and contributing to the development of the OSI operating model.
- Accountabilities include, defending production of applications, fulfilling requests from business partners, and resolving issues that arise in day to day operations. Furthermore, the incumbent is required to help identify and implement (where applicable) continuous improvement opportunities to proactively address risks and issues in the production environment and automate routine activities. As such, reporting and analytics will be performed on behalf of the wider team for consumption by management and decision makers. The goal is to optimize operational processes and focus on value-adding activities. Candidates who join this team will have an opportunity to:
- Develop a wider network of deep working relationships across IT and business clients
- Develop soft skills in communication & relationship management
- Broaden knowledge of technology landscape supporting a marquee Investment Organization
- The incumbent assumes technical leadership to the team and improvement focussed support providing management with high level technical information and analysis for planning and decision making.
- Reporting and Analysis (60%)
- Provide recommendations for continual service improvement initiatives with a focus on improving key performance indicators and critical success factors
- Specialise in complex reporting to facilitate communication on resourcing, availability and improvements.
- Perform efficient complex reporting and analytics as required by the team and management using available tools, present findings
- Identify strategic improvements related to process, reporting, support to provide quality data for all department KPIs
- Create reports and presentations for monthly reporting, work with management to identify gaps in data quality, key findings and suggest improvement strategy
- Create complete reports and charts/diagrams as required using tools available (Excel, Tableau, JIRA, etc.) and maintain in a Reporting Catalog
- Provide timely requirements and evidence as needed for audit purposes
- Operations (40%)
- Provide 24/7 level 1 and above support (onsite and virtual) in an efficient and effective manner
- Partner with various internal and external groups (business, infrastructure, vendors etc.) for problem resolution as well as implementation of new projects/initiatives.
- Maintain cross-functional relationships with respect to project delivery: release dates, quality disciplines, and release management
- Independently review documentation to ensure all criteria is clearly defined and met for all onboarded application
- Reduce escalations to Level 2 and Level 3 support
- Follow and enforce standard Change, Problem, Incident and Configuration Management practices and provide recommendations for improvement to reduce risk and impact to the company
- Documentation review for Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity and Application System Administration Guides (SAGs), suggest corrections and sign off
- Perform pre/post application staging for scheduled patching or maintenance activities
- Provide input for enhancements to tools currently in use (ie; JIRA, Tableau, Tidal, etc.)
- Provide technical coaching and leadership and help team members elevate technical skills.
- University Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics or similar.
- 2+ years demonstrated experience in Operations and Reporting and/or Data Analytics
- Proven experience in report creation and presentation for a senior level audience
- Demonstrated experience with scheduling software, production control, and reporting methodologies
- Experience with high availability and disaster recovery concepts.
- Demonstrated experience troubleshooting and analyzing data within applications and databases.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and a strong customer service focus.
- Commitment to CPPIB guiding principles of integrity, partnership and high performance.
Visit our Linkedin Career Page or Follow us on LinkedIn.
At CPP Investment Board, we are committed to diversity and equitable access to employment opportunities based on ability.
We thank all applicants for their interest but will only contact candidates selected to advance in the hiring process
CPP Investment Board does not accept resumes from employment placement agencies, head-hunters or recruitment suppliers that are not in a formal contractual arrangement with us. Our recruitment supplier arrangements are restricted to specific hiring needs and do not include this or other web-site job postings. Any resume or other information received from a supplier not approved by CPP Investment Board to provide resumes to this posting or web-site will be considered unsolicited and will not be considered. CPP Investment Board will not pay any referral, placement or other fee for the supply of such unsolicited resumes or information.