IT Analyst, Operational Services and Improvement
Make an impact at a global and dynamic investment organization
When you invest your career in CPP Investment Board (CPPIB), you join one of the most respected and fastest growing institutional investors in the world. With current assets under management valued in excess of $300 billion, and projected to exceed half a trillion by 2030, CPPIB is a professional investment management organization that globally invests the funds of the Canada Pension Plan to ensure long-term sustainability. CPPIB invests in all major asset classes, including public equity, private equity, real estate, infrastructure and fixed-income instruments, and currently has offices in Toronto, London, Hong Kong, New York, São Paulo, Luxembourg and Mumbai.
CPPIB attracts and selects high-calibre individuals from top-tier institutions around the globe. Join our team and look forward to:
- Diverse and inspiring colleagues and approachable leaders
- Stimulating work in a fast-paced, intellectually challenging environment
- Accelerated exposure and responsibility
- Global career development opportunities
- Being motivated every day by CPPIB's important social purpose and unshakable principles
- A deeply rooted culture of Integrity, Partnership and High Performance
If you share a passion for performance, value a collegial and collaborative culture, and approach everything with the highest integrity, here's an opportunity for you to invest your career at CPPIB.
OSI (Operations, Services & Improvements) is recruiting for IT Analyst in CPPIB's Information Technology group.
The successful candidate will initially focus on applications providing Performance and Accounting functions centered around SimCorp Dimension (SCD). These functions play a key role in CPPIB's mandate to measure and grow its $300B+ investment portfolio. As such, this role requires a balanced mix of technical, business, and communication skills which can effectively be deployed on daily basis. OSI is business-facing, highly dynamic environment which provides a right candidate with a number of learning and growth opportunities. Primary job responsibilities include providing technical/business application support, identifying and driving improvements and working with the broader OSI team to mature and advance our operating procedures.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Proactively identifying, troubleshooting, tracking, managing, and resolving reported issues
- Applying analytical, technical, and business skills to investigate day-to-day system and process issues, determine the root cause and deliver viable solutions
- Ensuring application systems are operating according to established service levels agreements
- Partnering with Application Development team and other CPPIB groups to create synergies and advance CPPIB's technology portfolio
- Defining and collecting metrics to understand trends in systems performance; develop and execute plans to mitigate symptoms
- Providing disciplined tracking and reporting of various activities according to CPPIB/OSI standards
- Ability to independently learn business concepts related to the role to become a trusted business partner
- Provide a dedicated rotational weekend/overnight support as required
- Effectively liaise with network administrators, systems analysts, and database analysts to assist in resolving problems with software products or company software systems.
- Provide knowledge transfer of application support and deployment processes to team members, Operations, and Support personnel.
- Provides technical leadership and helps coach team members on new skills. Assists in raising the technical bar within the team
- Generate statistics and prepare reports for management and/or team members on the status of the support activities.
- University degree in Computer Science, Mathematics or similar
- 2+ years' experience working in IT department of a significant financial institution, ideally with exposure to both support and development functions
- Theoretical or some practical knowledge of basic concepts of portfolio performance measurements, accounting, and institutional investing
- Proactive, detail oriented and well organized with strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent business acumen, written and verbal communication skills. Ability to communicate effectively with colleagues across the organization at varying levels of seniority
- Intermediate knowledge of SQL and at least one programming language (Java, C++, Python, C#)
- Understanding of a typical enterprise IT environment in a large institution (batch scheduler, physical/virtual servers, datacentres, Disaster Recovery, LAN/WAN, databases, ETL middleware, etc ..)
- Prior exposure to Symcorp Dimension (SCD) a definite advantage
- Industry-recognized designation (CFA, FRM, or similar) a definite asset
Visit our Linkedin Career Page or Follow us on LinkedIn.
At CPP Investment Board, we are committed to diversity and equitable access to employment opportunities based on ability.
We thank all applicants for their interest but will only contact candidates selected to advance in the hiring process
CPP Investment Board does not accept resumes from employment placement agencies, head-hunters or recruitment suppliers that are not in a formal contractual arrangement with us. Our recruitment supplier arrangements are restricted to specific hiring needs and do not include this or other web-site job postings. Any resume or other information received from a supplier not approved by CPP Investment Board to provide resumes to this posting or web-site will be considered unsolicited and will not be considered. CPP Investment Board will not pay any referral, placement or other fee for the supply of such unsolicited resumes or information.