Intern Analyst, Global Capital Markets
Make an impact at a global and dynamic investment organization
When you invest your career in CPP Investment Board (CPPIB), you join one of the most respected and fastest growing institutional investors in the world. With $300.5 billion net assets as of September 30, 2016, CPPIB is a professional investment management organization that globally invests the funds of the Canada Pension Plan to ensure long-term sustainability. CPPIB invests in all major asset classes, including public equities, private equities, real estate, infrastructure and fixed income instruments, and currently has offices in Toronto, Hong Kong, London, Luxembourg, Mumbai, New York and São Paulo.
CPPIB attracts and selects high-calibre individuals from top-tier institutions around the globe. Join our team and look forward to:
- Being motivated every day by CPPIB's important social purpose and guiding principles
- Diverse and inspiring colleagues and approachable leaders
- Stimulating work in a fast-paced, intellectually challenging environment
- Accelerated exposure and responsibility
- Global career development opportunities
- A deeply rooted culture of Integrity, Partnership and High Performance
If you share a passion for performance, value a collegial and collaborative culture, and approach everything with the highest integrity, here's an opportunity for you to invest your career at CPPIB.
The Global Capital Markets (GCM) group within Public Market Investments is primarily responsible for:
- Management of CPPIB's approximately $130 billion CAD equity and fixed income rebalancing portfolios
- Manages cash and collateral
- Firm-wide liquidity
- Trading capabilities in all major markets in all asset classes
- Executes funding for all investments departments
- Provides efficient execution services to active risk portfolios
- Researches execution algorithms and electronic execution platforms
- We are currently hiring Interns for summer of 2017 in a number of departments in our Global Capital Markets groups, including:
- CLG ALM: Examines and manages all the Fund's liabilities to ensure efficient management of the fund's liquidity position.
- CLG Financing: Manages the Fund's cash exposure, liquidity/fund raising activities (Bonds, Commercial Paper, Swaps, Repo, etc) and collateral management.
- Equities: Manages the Fund's Equity Portfolio and is responsible for the implementation of all equity trades globally.
Responsibilities will vary depending on the department, but may include the following:
- Working on equities, fixed income, foreign exchange, credit, liquidity and derivatives trading desks.
- Assisting Portfolio Managers in the development, implementation and monitoring of portfolios and alpha-generating, short-term, trading strategies.
- Facilitating day-to-day trading activities on the desk, such as calculation of P&L, risk analysis, trade booking and other analysis.
- Ad-hoc projects analyzing and making recommendations on topics such as portfolio management, market structure and investment opportunities.
- Developing and enhancing optimization models used for total fund asset-liability management.
- The ideal candidate will have just completed their second year of university at the time of the internship, working towards a degree in math, engineering, business or computer science.
- Excellent academic performance.
- Strong mathematical background, financial modeling knowledge and analytical thinking.
- Demonstrated interest in investment management.
- Solid experience with Excel/VBA.
- Experience with high level programming languages and databases is an asset.
- Ability to prioritize work and manage multiple responsibilities simultaneously.
- Experience in the major facets of the portfolio management process (e.g. benchmarks, index construction, portfolio risk determination, derivatives, trade generation) is a plus.
- Candidates must exemplify CPP Investment Board's guiding principles of high performance, integrity and partnership.
To apply, please include a cover letter, resume, and transcripts (full unofficial version) by February 27, 2017 at 12:00pm EST.