Guest Services Tech Support, Facilities & Office Services
Make an impact at a global and dynamic investment organization
When you invest your career in CPP Investment Board (CPPIB), you join one of the most respected and fastest growing institutional investors in the world. With current assets under management valued in excess of $300 billion, and projected to exceed half a trillion by 2030, CPPIB is a professional investment management organization that globally invests the funds of the Canada Pension Plan to ensure long-term sustainability. CPPIB invests in all major asset classes, including public equity, private equity, real estate, infrastructure and fixed-income instruments, and currently has offices in Toronto, London, Hong Kong, New York, São Paulo, Luxembourg and Mumbai.
CPPIB attracts and selects high-calibre individuals from top-tier institutions around the globe. Join our team and look forward to:
- Diverse and inspiring colleagues and approachable leaders
- Stimulating work in a fast-paced, intellectually challenging environment
- Accelerated exposure and responsibility
- Global career development opportunities
- Being motivated every day by CPPIB's important social purpose and unshakable principles
- A deeply rooted culture of Integrity, Partnership and High Performance
If you share a passion for performance, value a collegial and collaborative culture, and approach everything with the highest integrity, here's an opportunity for you to invest your career at CPPIB.
Reporting to the Manager Office Services, the Guest Services - Tech Support is a customer service oriented professional, providing technology and meeting room support to ensure seamless delivery of requested resources. This position also ensures efficient use of CPPIB's multi-function meeting room space to provide a productive work environment.
As required, the Guest Services Tech Support will also provide administrative support to the Guest Services group and will be called upon to assist with special projects. Through the delivery of these services, the Guest Services Tech Support will reinforce CPPIB's position as a global investor and will strongly reflect our Guiding Principles of Integrity, Partnership, and High Performance, to ensure CPPIB policies, guidelines and standards are adhered to at all times.
- Sets-up, tests, and breaks down all audio/visual, video conferencing and computer equipment required in CPPIB meeting room space. This includes projectors, audio devices, video recording, TV's, etc.
- Conducts regular testing of equipment to ensure functionality
- Provides support for computer and audio/visual equipment associated with CPPIB meeting rooms (with priority given to the Guest Services space). Liaises with the IT Help Desk or external service provider to resolve technical issues which cannot be resolved by the F&OS team
- According to equipment manufacturer's guidelines, is responsible to schedule all operational service and maintenance requirements and ensure completion
- Communicates directly with internal CPPIB Guest Services staff, employees, and external guests regarding their meeting room resource (e.g. technology) requirements, and provides suggestions on how to achieve a specific need or goal
- Responds to calls and troubleshoots situations in a quick, calm manner
- Maintains extensive knowledge of all technology available in Guest Services
- Meeting Room Set-ups
- Manages the multi-function meeting room spaces effectively and efficiently by overseeing scheduling on a daily basis and coordinating resources (logistics, space, furniture, technology, supplies, catering, housekeeping, and maintenance)
- Responsible for monitoring CPPIB's Global Room booking tool for meeting management, which includes booking mtgs, relocating mtgs, or making changes to existing reservations
- Assists with catering and food services as required
- Initiates connecting audio and / or video conference equipment when requested
- Remains available for support during scheduled meetings (including outside of regular business hours if required)
- Ensures meeting rooms are maintained to a high standard at all times
- Assists global staff with meeting room reservation issues and requests
- Works with the global technology team to troubleshoot issues that may impact their offices
- General Facilities
- Provides general facilities support to the Guest Services space to ensure it is kept clean and tidy at all times
- Assists with Business Continuity and emergency procedures
- Cross-trains with other members of the team to ensure a seamless delivery of services and support to our CPPIB hosts and their guests.
- Administrative Support
- Provides general administrative support to Office Services as required
- Creates, maintains and interprets various statistical reports relating to all aspects of the role
- Trains back-up personnel
- Provides relief and backup duties for other members of the Guest Services team as required
- May be assigned special projects (or asked to assist with special projects) and other duties from time to time
- Minimum 2 years related experience is required; prior experience in a support role in an external meeting space environment
- Advanced knowledge of technology (audio/visual, computers, video conferencing, etc)
- Intermediate knowledge of MS Word and Excel is required; and basic / working knowledge of MS PowerPoint
- Strong customer service skills and proven ability to work in a fast paced, high touch environment.
- Professional personal presentation and conduct
- Ability to handle multiple tasks at once
- Must possess a friendly manner and the ability to deal with all levels of staff and external visitors
- Must be customer focused with a desire to exceed customer expectations
- Effective English communications skills (verbal and written) and strong interpersonal skills are essential.
- Competency with ability to perform tasks correctly on a consistent basis
- Strong problem solving skills and ability to work under pressure
- Exceptional attention to detail with demonstrated excellent judgment; professionalism and integrity. A can-do attitude
- Proven ability to work independently as well as to perform effectively in a team environment; must be highly responsive, reliable, adaptable, self motivated and time flexible
- Solid, demonstrated relationship building skills
- Ability to exhibit diplomacy and tact
- Must be able to maintain a high level of confidentiality with respect to business matters
- Must fit into a variety of roles to meet the requirements of the organization
- Must possess physical strength and endurance with the ability to lift 30 lbs.
- Must be punctual and have flexibility to work additional hours from time-to-time in excess of the Standard hours. This may include mornings, afternoons, evenings and weekends as required
- Exemplifies our Guiding Principles of Integrity, Partnership and High Performance
Visit our Linkedin Career Page or Follow us on LinkedIn.
At CPP Investment Board, we are committed to diversity and equitable access to employment opportunities based on ability.
We thank all applicants for their interest but will only contact candidates selected to advance in the hiring process
CPP Investment Board does not accept resumes from employment placement agencies, head-hunters or recruitment suppliers that are not in a formal contractual arrangement with us. Our recruitment supplier arrangements are restricted to specific hiring needs and do not include this or other web-site job postings. Any resume or other information received from a supplier not approved by CPP Investment Board to provide resumes to this posting or web-site will be considered unsolicited and will not be considered. CPP Investment Board will not pay any referral, placement or other fee for the supply of such unsolicited resumes or information.