Developer Core Technology Engineering
Make an impact at a global and dynamic investment organization
When you invest your career in CPP Investment Board (CPPIB), you join one of the most respected and fastest growing institutional investors in the world. With current assets under management valued in excess of $300 billion, and projected to exceed half a trillion by 2030, CPPIB is a professional investment management organization that globally invests the funds of the Canada Pension Plan to ensure long-term sustainability. CPPIB invests in all major asset classes, including public equity, private equity, real estate, infrastructure and fixed-income instruments, and currently has offices in Toronto, London, Hong Kong, New York, São Paulo, Luxembourg and Mumbai.
CPPIB attracts and selects high-calibre individuals from top-tier institutions around the globe. Join our team and look forward to:
- Diverse and inspiring colleagues and approachable leaders
- Stimulating work in a fast-paced, intellectually challenging environment
- Accelerated exposure and responsibility
- Global career development opportunities
- Being motivated every day by CPPIB's important social purpose and unshakable principles
- A deeply rooted culture of Integrity, Partnership and High Performance
- If you share a passion for performance, value a collegial and collaborative culture, and approach everything with the highest integrity, here's an opportunity for you to invest your career at CPPIB.
As a developer you will work within the Core Technologies group to help build out integration frameworks and applications with technologies ranging from Python for services development to building modules for our infrastructure configuration management platform. You will leverage your existing knowledge to further extend the best practices and standards at CPPIB along with demonstrating the aptitude to learn new technologies and apply them in a dynamic environment.
- Play a major role in analysis, design and development of complex business processes and workflows
- Estimate work effort, identify risks and provide feedback on the fesability to meet committed deliverables
- Build relationships with stakeholder teams and provide subject matter expertise on the existing supporting platforms.
- Ensure sufficient automated test coverage to guard against breaking existing functionalities
Skills and abilities:
- Undergraduate or advanced degree - B.Sc in Computer Science or related fields
- 3+ years experience in developing applications and RESTful/SOAP web services in Python/Flask/Django or Java/J2EE
- Demonstrated experience with application integration design, development and deployment in a highly secure environment
- Solid understanding of DevOps concepts from development through delivery and operations
- Demonstrated knowledge in Linux and some experience in Windows
- Experience in configuration management tools (Puppet, Chef etc) and Ruby programming would be an asset
- Demonstrated experience with relational database software such as Oracle, MS SQL, My SQL/MariaDB
- Experience developing Jira workflows and integrating Jira with other platforms would be an asset
- Excellent communication, analytical and problem -solving skills required
- An understanding of service/infrastructure automation tools such as Chef and Puppet is preferred
- Commitment to CPPIB guiding principles of integrity, partnership and high performance.
Visit our Linkedin Career Page or Follow us on LinkedIn.
At CPP Investment Board, we are committed to diversity and equitable access to employment opportunities based on ability.
We thank all applicants for their interest but will only contact candidates selected to advance in the hiring process
CPP Investment Board does not accept resumes from employment placement agencies, head-hunters or recruitment suppliers that are not in a formal contractual arrangement with us. Our recruitment supplier arrangements are restricted to specific hiring needs and do not include this or other web-site job postings. Any resume or other information received from a supplier not approved by CPP Investment Board to provide resumes to this posting or web-site will be considered unsolicited and will not be considered. CPP Investment Board will not pay any referral, placement or other fee for the supply of such unsolicited resumes or information.