Developer, Total Portfolio Management Systems
Make an impact at a global and dynamic investment organization
When you invest your career in CPP Investment Board (CPPIB), you join one of the most respected and fastest growing institutional investors in the world. With current assets under management valued in excess of $250 billion, and projected to exceed half a trillion by 2030, CPPIB is a professional investment management organization that globally invests the funds of the Canada Pension Plan to ensure long-term sustainability. CPPIB invests in all major asset classes, including public equity, private equity, real estate, infrastructure and fixed-income instruments, and currently has offices in Toronto, London, Hong Kong, New York, São Paulo, Luxembourg and Mumbai.
CPPIB attracts and selects high-calibre individuals from top-tier institutions around the globe. Join our team and look forward to:
- Diverse and inspiring colleagues and approachable leaders
- Stimulating work in a fast-paced, intellectually challenging environment
- Accelerated exposure and responsibility
- Global career development opportunities
- Being motivated every day by CPPIB's important social purpose and unshakable principles
If you share a passion for performance, value a collegial and collaborative culture, and approach everything with the highest integrity, here's an opportunity for you to invest your career at CPPIB.
You will be working with the Total Portfolio Management group to build portfolio management systems for portfolio managers and quantitative researchers. Development projects include using technologies such as AngularJS, Python, or emerging big data technologies such as Hadoop and Apache Spark to build and evolve a quantitative portfolio management system that manages the total fund at CPPIB. Projects are delivered according to Agile development practices in a fast-paced environment.
This position offers opportunities to work directly with our business customers in the Total Portfolio Management group on day to day basis. You will see the unique engineering challenges faced by one of the largest global institutional investors, and apply cutting-edge technologies to inform very large investment decisions. You are encouraged to bring in an entrepreneurial mindset to tackle complex business requirements in the investment industry.
Key opportunities in this role are:
- Design and build robust and scalable technical solutions by working closely with our business partners and peer IT teams. Ensure that technical decisions are taken with an appropriate balance of time-to-market versus meeting longer-term organization needs
- Drive software delivery through prototyping excercises to solicit early user feedback and discover appropriate solutions
- Take initiative to improve the way we do things, and to ensure that we work smart and build quality into everything we do
- Help foster a positive team environment and maintain a good relationship with our business partners
- Provide level II troubleshooting support on a rotational basis
- Excellent communication, critical thinking and relationship management skills, with an ability to naturally influence others and sell ideas effectively.
- A proactive, high energy attitude with a history of implementing quality code and best practice process improvements
- Experience with more than on general purpose programming languages such as Java or C# would be an asset.
- Exposure to big data technologies such as Hadoop, Apache Spark and Hive would be an asset.
- University Degree prefered
- Commitment to CPPIB guiding principles of integrity, partnership and high performance.