Developer, Portfolio Analytic Systems
Make an impact at a global and dynamic investment organization
When you invest your career in CPP Investment Board (CPPIB), you join one of the most respected and fastest growing institutional investors in the world. With current assets under management valued in excess of $300 billion, and projected to exceed half a trillion by 2030, CPPIB is a professional investment management organization that globally invests the funds of the Canada Pension Plan to ensure long-term sustainability. CPPIB invests in all major asset classes, including public equity, private equity, real estate, infrastructure and fixed-income instruments, and currently has offices in Toronto, London, Hong Kong, New York, São Paulo, Luxembourg and Mumbai.
CPPIB attracts and selects high-calibre individuals from top-tier institutions around the globe. Join our team and look forward to:
- Diverse and inspiring colleagues and approachable leaders
- Stimulating work in a fast-paced, intellectually challenging environment
- Accelerated exposure and responsibility
- Global career development opportunities
- Being motivated every day by CPPIB's important social purpose and unshakable principles
- A deeply rooted culture of Integrity, Partnership and High Performance
If you share a passion for performance, value a collegial and collaborative culture, and approach everything with the highest integrity, here's an opportunity for you to invest your career at CPPIB.
We are recruiting a Developer for the Portfolio Analytic Systems team to build automated systems that support the Funds, Secondaries and Co-investments (FSC) investment department. The FSC team maintains relationships globally with more than 80 general partners, in pursuit of investments that will outperform public benchmarks. The successful candidate will design, develop, and support software to augment the FSC investment team's activities. Projects include designing and creating tools for portfolio reporting leveraging Business Intelligence solutions, creating custom automations for portfolio analytics and establishing data models to effectively capture investment team metrics.
This individual will work directly with the FSC investment professionals to analyze business requirements, design and implement solutions.
- Design and build private equity software solutions by interacting with investment professionals, operations staff and peers to understand requirements.
- Develop solutions that are in line with CPPIB's technology biases, deliver efficiency and scalability.
- Integrate vendor applications including CRM, accounting and performance systems.
- Manage timelines/deliverables towards the successful delivery of projects.
- Create and promote procedures to ensure best practices are met in the software development process.
- Provide application and end-user support to help streamline investment team activities.
- Provide knowledge transfer to team members and support staff through application demos, walkthroughs, and documentation.
If you possess the following, we'd like to hear from you:
- University degree in Engineering or Computer Science preferred.
- Strong interest in private markets and eagerness to contribute to the systems that support them.
- Strong knowledge of software development best practices and patterns.
- Motivation to build your technical skills in key areas and languages including Java, Python, SQL, Angular & BI tools.
- Passion to expand your domain knowledge both on the job and through continued education
- Commitment to CPPIB's guiding principles of integrity, partnership and high performance.
Visit our Linkedin Career Page or Follow us on LinkedIn.
At CPP Investment Board, we are committed to diversity and equitable access to employment opportunities based on ability.
We thank all applicants for their interest but will only contact candidates selected to advance in the hiring process
CPP Investment Board does not accept resumes from employment placement agencies, head-hunters or recruitment suppliers that are not in a formal contractual arrangement with us. Our recruitment supplier arrangements are restricted to specific hiring needs and do not include this or other web-site job postings. Any resume or other information received from a supplier not approved by CPP Investment Board to provide resumes to this posting or web-site will be considered unsolicited and will not be considered. CPP Investment Board will not pay any referral, placement or other fee for the supply of such unsolicited resumes or information.