Campus Contract (12 month), Research Services, Total Portfolio Management
Make an impact at a global and dynamic investment organization
When you invest your career in CPP Investment Board (CPPIB), you join one of the most respected and fastest growing institutional investors in the world. With current assets under management valued in excess of $278 billion, and projected to reach $300 billion by 2020, CPPIB is a professional investment management organization that globally invests the funds of the Canada Pension Plan to ensure long-term sustainability. CPPIB invests in all major asset classes, including public equity, private equity, real estate, infrastructure and fixed-income instruments, and currently has offices in Toronto, Hong Kong, London, Mumbai, New York and São Paulo.
CPPIB attracts and selects high-calibre individuals from top-tier institutions around the globe. Join our team and look forward to:
- Being motivated every day by CPPIB's important social purpose and guiding principles
- Diverse and inspiring colleagues and approachable leaders
- Stimulating work in a fast-paced, intellectually challenging environment
- Accelerated exposure and responsibility
- Global career development opportunities
- A deeply rooted culture of Integrity, Partnership and High Performance
If you share a passion for performance, value a collegial and collaborative culture, and approach everything with the highest integrity, here's an opportunity for you to invest your career at CPPIB.
The Research Services (RS) unit is the chief knowledge and library services of the Canada Pension Plan Investment Board (CPPIB). RS provides resource and research support to all CPPIB staff members including its major clientele, the various investment deal teams.
The student will have the opportunity to gain work experience in a corporate knowledge centre in a highly digital environment and prepare him / her in a career in special librarianship with focus on investment and finance.
Please note that this is a 12 month contract opportunity starting early May, 2017.
- Must have graduated by April 2017 and available to work for a 12 month period
- Provide preliminary research on companies, industries, countries and other topics requested by investment colleagues using various business and finance databases and sources
- Provide eBook, eMagazine, eJournal and print material search and assistance to colleagues
- Update and maintain print collection, including cataloguing
- Perform media monitoring on companies, industries, countries and other topics of interest
- Update and edit intranet using SharePoint
- Update and maintain subscription database of books, journals and online applications
- Log tasks performed into workload database for statistical purposes
- The ideal candidate will be enrolled in the MILS program and has taken courses in Online Searching & Retrieval and Cataloguing
- Some experience or background in research services is desirable
- Self-motivated individual with the ability to work effectively in a dynamic team environment
- Interest in Investment Management and Financial markets, experience not required
- Candidates must exemplify CPP Investment Board's guiding principles of high performance, integrity and partnership
To apply, please include a cover letter, resumea and transcripts (full unofficial version) by March 3, 2017 at 9:00am EST.
Visit our Linkedin Career Page or Follow us on LinkedIn.
At CPP Investment Board, we are committed to diversity and equitable access to employment opportunities based on ability. We thank all applicants for their interest but will only contact candidates selected to advance in the hiring process.