Campus Contract (12 month), Portfolio Construction and Research, Total Portfolio Management
Make an impact at a global and dynamic investment organization
When you invest your career in CPP Investment Board (CPPIB), you join one of the most respected and fastest growing institutional investors in the world. With current assets under management valued in excess of $278 billion, and projected to reach $300 billion by 2020, CPPIB is a professional investment management organization that globally invests the funds of the Canada Pension Plan to ensure long-term sustainability. CPPIB invests in all major asset classes, including public equity, private equity, real estate, infrastructure and fixed-income instruments, and currently has offices in Toronto, Hong Kong, London, Mumbai, New York and São Paulo.
CPPIB attracts and selects high-calibre individuals from top-tier institutions around the globe. Join our team and look forward to:
- Being motivated every day by CPPIB’s important social purpose and guiding principles
- Diverse and inspiring colleagues and approachable leaders
- Stimulating work in a fast-paced, intellectually challenging environment
- Accelerated exposure and responsibility
- Global career development opportunities
- A deeply rooted culture of Integrity, Partnership and High Performance
If you share a passion for performance, value a collegial and collaborative culture, and approach everything with the highest integrity, here’s an opportunity for you to invest your career at CPPIB.
The Total Portfolio Management (“TPM”) department is responsible for the successful implementation of the new investment framework. These activities as primarily focused on the Strategic Portfolio, our long-term vision for the intended investment portfolio composition five or more years into the future. TPM also works with the Investment Departments to effectively characterize and allocate to investment strategies, with the aim of delivering to the Strategic Portfolio over time. TPM also works on the total Fund daily investment cycle, including all the processes, systems, and data needed to structure the investment portfolio in response to the on-going flow of cash and exposures into and out of the fund. TPM consists of three groups: Portfolio Construction and Research, Portfolio Management, and Portfolio Engineering.
Please note that this is a 12 month contract opportunity starting early May, 2017.
The Portfolio Construction (“PC”) group within the Total Portfolio Management department is responsible for developing tools and providing analysis for determining optimal exposures to risk factors and advising on risk allocation to CPPIB Investment Programs.
The student will support the research and development needs of the department. Financial modeling, portfolio analysis, communication, and systems development of portfolio management tools are among the efforts to which the individual will be assigned to support. The Campus Contract opportunity will provide significant exposure to world-class portfolio management and construction activities.
- Working towards graduate degree in a highly quantitative field (e.g. applied mathematics, computer science, statistics, engineering, science or other related fields)
- Familiarity with finance theory and quantitative techniques, as applied to portfolio management and construction
- Interest in financial and capital markets
- Strong programming skills (e.g. Matlab, Python, Excel, SQL, or VBA)
- Strong attention to detail, prioritization and organizational skills required
- Strong presentation skills with the ability to adapt approach to suit the audience
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills, in addition to attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal skills with demonstrated solid verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate and work in teams, while also being self-motivated and able to work independently
- Ability to think critically and creatively, exercise good judgment, and have intellectual curiosity
- Ability to learn new concepts, and adapt to changing priorities and new challenges
- Successful candidates must exemplify CPP Investment Board’s guiding principles of high performance, integrity, and partnershi
Role- specific Accountabilities:
- Develop portfolio management tools and models and perform portfolio risk and performance analysis
- Support portfolio construction and portfolio strategy approaches that incorporate multiple risk modeling and portfolio optimization techniques, and portfolio construction decision making
- Develop oral and written presentations on portfolio management and construction activities
- Develop private investment models
- Other duties as required
To apply, please include a cover letter, resume and full unofficial transcript via our career site http://www.cppib.com/careers/ bySeptember 30, 2016 at 11:59pm EST.
Visit our LinkedIn Career Page or Follow us on LinkedIn.
At CPP Investment Board, we are committed to diversity and equitable access to employment opportunities based on ability. We thank all applicants for their interest but will only contact candidates selected to advance in the hiring process.