Campus Contract (12 month), Investment Research, Total Portfolio Management
Make an impact at a global and dynamic investment organization
When you invest your career in CPP Investment Board (CPPIB), you join one of the most respected and fastest growing institutional investors in the world. With current assets under management valued in excess of $278 billion, and projected to reach $300 billion by 2020, CPPIB is a professional investment management organization that globally invests the funds of the Canada Pension Plan to ensure long-term sustainability. CPPIB invests in all major asset classes, including public equity, private equity, real estate, infrastructure and fixed-income instruments, and currently has offices in Toronto, Hong Kong, London, Mumbai, New York and São Paulo.
CPPIB attracts and selects high-calibre individuals from top-tier institutions around the globe. Join our team and look forward to:
- Being motivated every day by CPPIB’s important social purpose and guiding principles
- Diverse and inspiring colleagues and approachable leaders
- Stimulating work in a fast-paced, intellectually challenging environment
- Accelerated exposure and responsibility
- Global career development opportunities
- A deeply rooted culture of Integrity, Partnership and High Performance
If you share a passion for performance, value a collegial and collaborative culture, and approach everything with the highest integrity, here’s an opportunity for you to invest your career at CPPIB.
The Portfolio Construction & Research (“PCR”) group consists of four teams:
- The Investment Research team expresses the risk and return of investment strategies and develops a system of signals that helps align investment activity with total portfolio needs.
- The Portfolio Construction and Portfolio Strategy teams develop risk budgets and other top-down investment direction that helps drive business and investment planning.
- The Economic and Financial Forecasts team develops long-horizon return forecasts and establishes factor-based views of intended total portfolio composition.
- The Research Services team supports all CPPIB regions and departments with in-depth research, alerting and monitoring services, and access to news and information resources.
Financial modeling, analysis, communication, and systems development are among the efforts to which the student will be tasked. The student will enjoy significant exposure to world-class portfolio management and construction activities. CPPIB highly collaborative culture provides opportunities to interact with multiple teams and groups within TPM.
Please note that this is a 12 month contract opportunity starting early May, 2017.
- Must have graduated by April 2017 and available to work for a 12 month period
- Familiarity with finance theory and quantitative techniques, as applied to portfolio construction
- Knowledge of institutional structure and deep interest in financial and capital markets
- Programming skills are an asset
- Working towards a degree in a quantitative field is an asset (e.g. applied mathematics, financial economics, engineering, physics, finance)
- Superior analytical skills
- Strong interpersonal skills with demonstrated solid verbal and written communication skills
- Presentation skills with the ability to adapt approach to suit the audience
- Strong attention to detail, prioritization and organizational skills required
- Strong problem solving skills and ability to think independently
- Ability to think critically and creatively, exercise good judgment, and have intellectual curiosity
- Ability to learn new concepts, and adaptable to changing priorities and new challenges
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate and work in teams, while also being self-motivated and able to work independently
- Successful candidates must exemplify CPP Investment Board’s guiding principles of high performance, integrity, and partnership.
Role- specific accountabilities:
- Support Portfolio Construction & Research with financial modeling, portfolio analysis, and portfolio construction decision making around private and public asset classes and emerging portfolio issues
- Conduct research on industry trends in new asset classes and asset management capabilities
- Develop oral and written presentations on PCR activities
- Develop solutions to effectively deliver analysis and research
- Ensure that portfolio decision-makers receive timely and accurate portfolio information
- Provide forward-looking analysis and commentary on portfolio
- Other duties as required
To apply, please include a cover letter, resume, and transcripts (full unofficial version) via our career sitehttp://www.cppib.com/careers/ by September 30, 2016 at 11:59pm EST.
Visit our LinkedIn Career Page or Follow us on LinkedIn.
At CPP Investment Board, we are committed to diversity and equitable access to employment opportunities based on ability. We thank all applicants for their interest but will only contact candidates selected to advance in the hiring process.