Business Support Coordinator, IT Business Management Office
Make an impact at a global and dynamic investment organization
When you invest your career in CPP Investment Board (CPPIB), you join one of the most respected and fastest growing institutional investors in the world. With current assets under management valued in excess of $300 billion, and projected to exceed half a trillion by 2030, CPPIB is a professional investment management organization that globally invests the funds of the Canada Pension Plan to ensure long-term sustainability. CPPIB invests in all major asset classes, including public equity, private equity, real estate, infrastructure and fixed-income instruments, and currently has offices in Toronto, London, Hong Kong, New York, São Paulo, Luxembourg and Mumbai.
CPPIB attracts and selects high-calibre individuals from top-tier institutions around the globe. Join our team and look forward to:
- Diverse and inspiring colleagues and approachable leaders
- Stimulating work in a fast-paced, intellectually challenging environment
- Accelerated exposure and responsibility
- Global career development opportunities
- Being motivated every day by CPPIB's important social purpose and unshakable principles
- A deeply rooted culture of Integrity, Partnership and High Performance
If you share a passion for performance, value a collegial and collaborative culture, and approach everything with the highest integrity, here's an opportunity for you to invest your career at CPPIB.
This position will support the IT Business Management Office by coordinating activities and requests related to IT financial management, project management and vendor management. Reporting to the Manager, Project Management, the role requires an understanding of accounting concepts to support transactional finance-related aspects of the IT department, knowledge on project management to support the management of IT project portfolios and the daily operations of the project management office. The Coordinator, IT Business Management Office will:
- Administer CPPIB's project portfolio management system (Planview); manage and maintain project and resource data records in
- Provide general system support and training to project managers and users; escalate and coordinate with IT support and application vendor to address system issues
- Execute the workflow of IT invoice processing, including managing centralized IT invoicing mailbox, coordinating the approval of invoices, tracking status of invoices, managing accruals and working with Corporate Finance to ensure invoices are processed in a timely manner
- Coordinate budgeting and forecasting of project and IT expenses
- Assist in managing IT resource allocation and utilization by maintaining resource information and developing resource reports
- Work with IT Management in the effective management of their expenses relative to budget
- Perform analysis on financial and project performance and trends
- Develop and provide timely financial and project reports to management and various business groups
- Collate and synthesize information to support the preparation of meeting materials for IT management committees
- Respond promptly to inquiries related to projects and financials
Special Projects and Other
- Assist in special projects
- Other duties as assigned
- Maintain administrative workflow of Business Management Office
- Contribute to team effort in completing tasks as required
- If you possess the following, we'd like to hear from you:
- Postsecondary education in Finance / Accounting
- 2-5 years experience working hands-on in a similar role
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment with time-sensitive deadlines
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Ability to collaborate and influence
- Strong problem solving and organizational skills
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Working experience with project portfolio management system such as Planview is an asset
- Exemplifies our Guiding Principles of integrity, partnership and high performance
Visit our Linkedin Career Page or Follow us on LinkedIn.
At CPP Investment Board, we are committed to diversity and equitable access to employment opportunities based on ability.
We thank all applicants for their interest but will only contact candidates selected to advance in the hiring process
CPP Investment Board does not accept resumes from employment placement agencies, head-hunters or recruitment suppliers that are not in a formal contractual arrangement with us. Our recruitment supplier arrangements are restricted to specific hiring needs and do not include this or other web-site job postings. Any resume or other information received from a supplier not approved by CPP Investment Board to provide resumes to this posting or web-site will be considered unsolicited and will not be considered. CPP Investment Board will not pay any referral, placement or other fee for the supply of such unsolicited resumes or information.