Business Analyst - Portfolio Engineering, Production Team - TPM
Make an impact at a global and dynamic investment organization
When you invest your career in CPP Investment Board (CPPIB), you join one of the most respected and fastest growing institutional investors in the world. With current assets under management valued in excess of $300 billion, and projected to exceed half a trillion by 2030, CPPIB is a professional investment management organization that globally invests the funds of the Canada Pension Plan to ensure long-term sustainability. CPPIB invests in all major asset classes, including public equity, private equity, real estate, infrastructure and fixed-income instruments, and currently has offices in Toronto, London, Hong Kong, New York, São Paulo, Luxembourg and Mumbai.
CPPIB attracts and selects high-calibre individuals from top-tier institutions around the globe. Join our team and look forward to:
- Diverse and inspiring colleagues and approachable leaders
- Stimulating work in a fast-paced, intellectually challenging environment
- Accelerated exposure and responsibility
- Global career development opportunities
- Being motivated every day by CPPIB's important social purpose and unshakable principles
- A deeply rooted culture of Integrity, Partnership and High Performance
If you share a passion for performance, value a collegial and collaborative culture, and approach everything with the highest integrity, here's an opportunity for you to invest your career at CPPIB.
The Total Portfolio Management ("TPM") department is building the capabilities to enable a consistent framework for managing a broad range of risks across the entire fund. These capabilities will further enhance the top-down component of our Total Portfolio Approach - specifically the efficient allocation of systematic risks (including better beta, liquidity, and credit risk) as well as active risk generated by the investment departments. Additionally, the department leads the design of the CPP Reference Portfolio, risk budgeting for the total active portfolio and evaluates the risk-return properties of investment strategies and emerging opportunities in the context of the total portfolio. TPM consists of three groups: Portfolio Construction and Research, Portfolio Engineering and Portfolio Management.
Portfolio Engineering Group
The Portfolio Engineering group ("PE") is responsible for ensuring that TPM has the analytical tools, robust infrastructure and data required to support scalable portfolio management and research activities in the context of the TPM investment framework. The Production team in PE is responsible for the development of a production quality system and standardized tools for the investment process and prototyping of new investment ideas.
We are currently recruiting for a Business Analyst to join the Portfolio Engineering - production team within the Total Portfolio Management department.
This is a contract position which will run until the end of March 2018.
The contractor will support the research, design and implementation of a leading edge top down investment platform in the TPM department.
Role Specific Accountabilities:
- Assist the team by analyzing specifications, understanding design goals, and helping communicate requirements to the implementation team
- Assist the IT team with production release preparations
- Work with the PE team to help design proof-of-concept implementations
- Analyze business processes to help streamline daily activities and improve efficiency
- Assist in supporting the daily activities of the Portfolio Management team, and troubleshooting the system
- Participate in various departmental projects and duties as assigned
- Degree in computer science, computer engineering and financial management, financial mathematics, mathematics or related discipline
- Experience working with financial data sets
- Solid knowledge of SQL and Excel
- Programming experience with Python, or other languages (Java, C++, C#), is a significant asset
- Strong mathematical finance and analytical skills
- Knowledge of modern portfolio theory, economics and quantitative techniques, as applied to portfolio management and construction is not required but considered an asset
- Possess strong technical aptitude and/or practical experience working with software development and QA
- Ability to learn new concepts, and adapt to changing priorities and new challenges
- Successful candidates must exemplify CPP Investment Board's guiding principles of high performance, integrity, and partnership
Visit our Linkedin Career Page or Follow us on LinkedIn.
At CPP Investment Board, we are committed to diversity and equitable access to employment opportunities based on ability.
We thank all applicants for their interest but will only contact candidates selected to advance in the hiring process
CPP Investment Board does not accept resumes from employment placement agencies, head-hunters or recruitment suppliers that are not in a formal contractual arrangement with us. Our recruitment supplier arrangements are restricted to specific hiring needs and do not include this or other web-site job postings. Any resume or other information received from a supplier not approved by CPP Investment Board to provide resumes to this posting or web-site will be considered unsolicited and will not be considered. CPP Investment Board will not pay any referral, placement or other fee for the supply of such unsolicited resumes or information.