Associate, Reporting & Analytics
Make an impact at a global and dynamic investment organization
When you invest your career in CPP Investment Board (CPPIB), you join one of the most respected and fastest growing institutional investors in the world. With current assets under management valued in excess of $300 billion, and projected to exceed half a trillion by 2030, CPPIB is a professional investment management organization that globally invests the funds of the Canada Pension Plan to ensure long-term sustainability. CPPIB invests in all major asset classes, including public equity, private equity, real estate, infrastructure and fixed-income instruments, and currently has offices in Toronto, London, Hong Kong, New York, São Paulo, Luxembourg and Mumbai.
CPPIB attracts and selects high-calibre individuals from top-tier institutions around the globe. Join our team and look forward to:
- Diverse and inspiring colleagues and approachable leaders
- Stimulating work in a fast-paced, intellectually challenging environment
- Accelerated exposure and responsibility
- Global career development opportunities
- Being motivated every day by CPPIB's important social purpose and unshakable principles
- A deeply rooted culture of Integrity, Partnership and High Performance
If you share a passion for performance, value a collegial and collaborative culture, and approach everything with the highest integrity, here's an opportunity for you to invest your career at CPPIB.
The Reporting and Analytics department within Finance, Analytics & Risk (FAR) is an enterprise function that is the authoritative source for total fund investment information for all consumers. The Investment Accounting & Control team (IA&C) is part of the Reporting & Analytics team and is responsible for the total fund investment accounting and control processes, including the oversight and control of the Investment Book of Record (SimCorp) and the interface between it and the corporate General Ledger. IA&C is also responsible for providing financial reporting support to Corporate Finance.
The role will support the set up and maintenance of the investment accounting rules and standards and ensure investment transactions are accounted for correctly in the Investment Book of Record and reflected correctly for internal and external reporting purposes.
The Senior Analyst/Associate will be required to have a solid working knowledge of CPPIB's portfolio accounting system and form strong relationships with professionals across Investment Operations, Investment Finance and Financial Reporting.
The position also requires a strong working knowledge of various investment products and an understanding of investment accounting standards, controls and reporting practices. In addition, the role requires strong interpersonal skills and the ability to readily adapt to rapid changes in the investment and technology environments.
- Work with Financial Reporting, Investment Operations, Private Markets and Real Estate Investment Finance teams to ensure investment activities are recorded in the Investment Book of Record appropriately to meet downstream accounting and reporting requirements
- Support Financial Reporting's external reporting requirements by preparing/reviewing monthly, quarterly and annual investment & financial schedules, and audit requests relating to financial statements and accounting controls
- Support new investment initiatives by ensuring appropriate set up and mapping in the Investment Sub-ledger and the corporate general ledger
- Proactively identify process inefficiencies and recommend process improvements considering upstream/downstream impacts
- Undergraduate or advanced degree - Finance , Commerce, Accounting, Economics or another related discipline
- Professional designation (CA, CMA, CGA, CFA, etc.)
- Proven relevant experience in investment accounting in the financial services industry
- Strong understanding of investment accounting standards and reporting practices and solid experience in financial reporting for investment portfolios
- Practical experience with accounts/portfolio structures and multi-asset portfolios (i.e. equities, fixed income, real estate, derivatives)
- Experience with SimCorp Dimension considered an asset
- Must be flexible, adaptable and able to prioritize to deliver results
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, both verbal and written
- Intellectually curious, with strong business judgment
- Solid interpersonal and organizational skills combined with the ability to readily adapt to rapidly changing investment and technology environments
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate and develop strong relationships with colleagues at all levels of the organization
- Demonstrate good judgment, professionalism and the ability to work in a high performing culture with time-sensitive deadlines
- Exemplify CPPIB Guiding Principles of integrity, partnership and high performance
Visit our Linkedin Career Page or Follow us on LinkedIn.
At CPP Investment Board, we are committed to diversity and equitable access to employment opportunities based on ability.
We thank all applicants for their interest but will only contact candidates selected to advance in the hiring process
CPP Investment Board does not accept resumes from employment placement agencies, head-hunters or recruitment suppliers that are not in a formal contractual arrangement with us. Our recruitment supplier arrangements are restricted to specific hiring needs and do not include this or other web-site job postings. Any resume or other information received from a supplier not approved by CPP Investment Board to provide resumes to this posting or web-site will be considered unsolicited and will not be considered. CPP Investment Board will not pay any referral, placement or other fee for the supply of such unsolicited resumes or information.