Associate, Principal Credit Investments
Make an impact at a global and dynamic investment organization
When you invest your career in CPP Investment Board (CPPIB), you join one of the most respected and fastest growing institutional investors in the world. With current assets under management valued in excess of $300 billion, and projected to exceed half a trillion by 2030, CPPIB is a professional investment management organization that globally invests the funds of the Canada Pension Plan to ensure long-term sustainability. CPPIB invests in all major asset classes, including public equity, private equity, real estate, infrastructure and fixed-income instruments, and currently has offices in Toronto, London, Hong Kong, New York, São Paulo, Luxembourg and Mumbai.
CPPIB attracts and selects high-calibre individuals from top-tier institutions around the globe. Join our team and look forward to:
- Diverse and inspiring colleagues and approachable leaders
- Stimulating work in a fast-paced, intellectually challenging environment
- Accelerated exposure and responsibility
- Global career development opportunities
- Being motivated every day by CPPIB's important social purpose and unshakable principles
- A deeply rooted culture of Integrity, Partnership and High Performance
If you share a passion for performance, value a collegial and collaborative culture, and approach everything with the highest integrity, here's an opportunity for you to invest your career at CPPIB.
We are currently hiring an Associate for the Principal Credit Investments team within our Private Investments group in Toronto. The Associate will focus on a variety of different industry groups in North America, with a particular focus on energy and commodities sector(s). With investments in the Americas, Europe and Asia, the PCI team provides debt financing across the entire capital structure, including term loans, high-yield bonds, mezzanine lending and other solutions for corporations. You will work with Senior Associates and Principals on small deal teams to:
- Analyze potential investment opportunities
- Conduct research and due diligence in collaboration with advisors
- Build financial models to assist in investment evaluation, structuring and financing
- Actively participate in the investment process
- Develop relationships with management teams as part of monitoring portfolio companies
A particular focus is placed on helping Associates develop a well-rounded set of skills as an investor and leader with a strong understanding of the deal process from origination through to exit.
Consider applying if you:
- Have 2 to 3 years of related work experience (e.g. investment banking, consulting, private equity, etc)
- Have exposure to and an interest in energy and commodities sector(s)
- Excellent research, communication, financial modeling, analytical and valuation skills, including experience evaluating and building LBO models
- Have a track record of academic achievement and professional advancement
- Work effectively in a team environment
- Desire to live in Toronto and willingness to travel
- Have great communication, interpersonal and relationship building skills
If you have an interest in working with talented people in the financial industry in an environment of integrity, partnership and high performance then you should consider a career in Private Investments with us.
To apply, please include a cover letter, resume and full unofficial transcript.
At CPP Investment Board, we are committed to diversity and equitable access to employment opportunities based on ability.
We thank all applicants for their interest but will only contact candidates selected to advance in the hiring process
CPP Investment Board does not accept resumes from employment placement agencies, head-hunters or recruitment suppliers that are not in a formal contractual arrangement with us. Our recruitment supplier arrangements are restricted to specific hiring needs and do not include this or other web-site job postings. Any resume or other information received from a supplier not approved by CPP Investment Board to provide resumes to this posting or web-site will be considered unsolicited and will not be considered. CPP Investment Board will not pay any referral, placement or other fee for the supply of such unsolicited resumes or information.