Associate, Portfolio Investments & Business Management
Make an impact at a global and dynamic investment organization
When you invest your career in CPP Investment Board (CPPIB), you join one of the most respected and fastest growing institutional investors in the world. With current assets under management valued in excess of $300 billion, and projected to exceed half a trillion by 2030, CPPIB is a professional investment management organization that globally invests the funds of the Canada Pension Plan to ensure long-term sustainability. CPPIB invests in all major asset classes, including public equity, private equity, real estate, infrastructure and fixed-income instruments, and currently has offices in Toronto, London, Hong Kong, New York, São Paulo, Luxembourg and Mumbai.
CPPIB attracts and selects high-calibre individuals from top-tier institutions around the globe. Join our team and look forward to:
- Diverse and inspiring colleagues and approachable leaders
- Stimulating work in a fast-paced, intellectually challenging environment
- Accelerated exposure and responsibility
- Global career development opportunities
- Being motivated every day by CPPIB's important social purpose and unshakable principles
- A deeply rooted culture of Integrity, Partnership and High Performance
If you share a passion for performance, value a collegial and collaborative culture, and approach everything with the highest integrity, here's an opportunity for you to invest your career at CPPIB.
The Private Investments ("PI") department invests in a wide range of private equity and credit assets. The Portfolio Investments and Business Management group within PI supports investment teams in portfolio construction, structuring and business management.
We are currently recruiting an Associate to provide deal execution support, with a focus on investment structuring activities, within PI and Funds, Secondaries & Co-Investments ("FS&C"). Ideal candidates are enthusiastic about problem solving and determining a course of action in complex situations with little or no precedent. They are self-starters and work well under pressure. They have strong interpersonal and business relationship skills, and enjoy cross-functional interactions with colleagues across the organization.
- You will work with PI colleagues, investment teams, core services groups and external advisors to:
- Identify and address tax, structuring and operational complexities of investment structures
- Manage tax work streams with support from internal and external tax advisors to evaluate tax risks, review and negotiate tax provisions in legal documents
- Coordinate the establishment of new legal entities and address legal and governance requirements in support of investment structures
- Provide ongoing support to maintain investment structures post closing
- Assist with PI's business management functions and other relevant duties and projects as assigned
Consider applying if you:
- Have 3 to 5 years of related work experience (e.g.finance, consulting, private equity, etc)
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Having an investment designation such as CFA, CA, CMA, CBV is considered an asset
- Have a track record of academic achievement and professional advancement
- Work effectively in a team environment
- Have great communication, interpersonal and relationship building skills
If you have an interest in working with talented people in the financial industry in an environment of integrity, partnership and high performance then you should consider a career in Private Investments with us.
Visit our Linkedin Career Page or Follow us on LinkedIn. #LI-GM1
At CPP Investment Board, we are committed to diversity and equitable access to employment opportunities based on ability.
We thank all applicants for their interest but will only contact candidates selected to advance in the hiring process
CPP Investment Board does not accept resumes from employment placement agencies, head-hunters or recruitment suppliers that are not in a formal contractual arrangement with us. Our recruitment supplier arrangements are restricted to specific hiring needs and do not include this or other web-site job postings. Any resume or other information received from a supplier not approved by CPP Investment Board to provide resumes to this posting or web-site will be considered unsolicited and will not be considered. CPP Investment Board will not pay any referral, placement or other fee for the supply of such unsolicited resumes or information.