Associate, Business Continuity Planning
Make an impact at a global and dynamic investment organization
When you invest your career in CPP Investment Board (CPPIB), you join one of the most respected and fastest growing institutional investors in the world. With current assets under management valued in excess of $300 billion, and projected to exceed half a trillion by 2030, CPPIB is a professional investment management organization that globally invests the funds of the Canada Pension Plan to ensure long-term sustainability. CPPIB invests in all major asset classes, including public equity, private equity, real estate, infrastructure and fixed-income instruments, and currently has offices in Toronto, London, Hong Kong, New York, São Paulo, Luxembourg and Mumbai.
CPPIB attracts and selects high-calibre individuals from top-tier institutions around the globe. Join our team and look forward to:
- Diverse and inspiring colleagues and approachable leaders
- Stimulating work in a fast-paced, intellectually challenging environment
- Accelerated exposure and responsibility
- Global career development opportunities
- Being motivated every day by CPPIB's important social purpose and unshakable principles
- A deeply rooted culture of Integrity, Partnership and High Performance
If you share a passion for performance, value a collegial and collaborative culture, and approach everything with the highest integrity, here's an opportunity for you to invest your career at CPPIB.
The Associate, Business Continuity Management is accountable for supporting the Business Continuity Program at CPPIB. The role's mandate encompasses all activities to support business recovery (BR), information technology disaster recovery (DR) and crisis management. Key position functions include; ongoing maintenance of the Business Continuity plans and Business Impact Analysis, preparedness activities, developing recovery procedures, coordinating testing, event monitoring and event escalation.
The position reports to the Senior Manager, Business Continuity Management and works closely with technology, business areas and core services groups.
- Coordinates all key components of the Business Continuity Program;
- Works closely with various business and technology groups to coordinate the regular review, completion and maintenance of business recovery plans and business impact analysis;
- Provides feedback to business groups on the level of technology support required in the event of a disruption leveraging the Organizations risk appetite statements;
- Helps track and monitor application recovery requirements and provides direction to help oversee the DR process;
- Support the team in the development of test plans, scripts, scenarios and documentation and works closely with internal groups and external BR/DR vendors for the execution of regular tests;
- Facilitates regularly scheduled meetings with technology and business groups to help insure readiness, review test results and agree on any actions for improvement;
- Maintains the Business Recovery site including: recovery plans, procedures, checklists, process flows, training materials, communication plans/templates and any other documents;
- Works closely with other members of the Business Continuity Management team to create and execute training and awareness activities for recovery teams and staff;
- Along with other members of the Business Continuity Management team ensures there is 7X24 on-call support for any emergency that may require the activation of recovery plans;
- Participates on various Incident Response Team(s) calls and meetings and helps track and report on the status of activities to resolve an incident and/or execute our recovery plans.
- Provide support to participants during various business recovery, IT disaster Recovery and Crisis Management tests
- Business continuity experience is a strong asset;
- Working knowledge of the financial/asset management industry;
- Strong familiarity with technology with a focus on systems recovery and change management processes;
- Sound project management skills;
- Strong organizational skills;
- Excellent communicator both written and orally;
- Proactive and engaging in style with a focus on getting things done in an open and transparent way;
- Possessing an ABCP or CBCP or MBCI industry certification or equivalent is preferred;
- Professional team player who can also work effectively independently;
- Exemplify our Guiding Principles of integrity, partnership and high performance.
Visit our Linkedin Career Page or Follow us on LinkedIn.
At CPP Investment Board, we are committed to diversity and equitable access to employment opportunities based on ability.
We thank all applicants for their interest but will only contact candidates selected to advance in the hiring process
CPP Investment Board does not accept resumes from employment placement agencies, head-hunters or recruitment suppliers that are not in a formal contractual arrangement with us. Our recruitment supplier arrangements are restricted to specific hiring needs and do not include this or other web-site job postings. Any resume or other information received from a supplier not approved by CPP Investment Board to provide resumes to this posting or web-site will be considered unsolicited and will not be considered. CPP Investment Board will not pay any referral, placement or other fee for the supply of such unsolicited resumes or information.