Analyst/Associate, Natural Resources
Make an impact at a global and dynamic investment organization
When you invest your career in CPP Investment Board (CPPIB), you join one of the most respected and fastest growing institutional investors in the world. With current assets under management valued in excess of $300 billion, and projected to exceed half a trillion by 2030, CPPIB is a professional investment management organization that globally invests the funds of the Canada Pension Plan to ensure long-term sustainability. CPPIB invests in all major asset classes, including public equity, private equity, real estate, infrastructure and fixed-income instruments, and currently has offices in Toronto, London, Hong Kong, New York, São Paulo, Luxembourg and Mumbai.
CPPIB attracts and selects high-calibre individuals from top-tier institutions around the globe. Join our team and look forward to:
- Diverse and inspiring colleagues and approachable leaders
- Stimulating work in a fast-paced, intellectually challenging environment
- Accelerated exposure and responsibility
- Global career development opportunities
- Being motivated every day by CPPIB's important social purpose and unshakable principles
- A deeply rooted culture of Integrity, Partnership and High Performance
- If you share a passion for performance, value a collegial and collaborative culture, and approach everything with the highest integrity, here's an opportunity for you to invest your career at CPPIB.
We are currently hiring Analysts and Associates for the Natural Resources group within our Private Investments department in Toronto. The team is growing and focuses on private investments in the oil and gas, mining and renewable energy industries. You will work with Senior Associates and Principals on small deal teams to:
- Analyze potential investment opportunities
- Conduct research and due diligence in collaboration with advisors
- Build financial models to assist in investment evaluation, structuring and financing
- Actively participate in the investment process
- Develop relationships with management teams as part of monitoring portfolio companies
- A particular focus is placed on helping Analysts and Associates develop a well-rounded set of skills as an investor and leader with a strong understanding of the deal process from origination through to exit.
Consider applying if you:
- Have 1 to 3 years of related work experience (e.g. investment banking, consulting, private equity, business development, etc)
- Excellent research, financial modeling, analytical and valuation skills, including experience evaluating and building NAV and LBO models
- Have a track record of academic achievement and professional advancement
- Work effectively in a team environment
- Have a strong interest in energy, mining and renewable energy investing
- Desire to live in Toronto and willingness to travel
- Have great communication, interpersonal and relationship building skills
If you have an interest in working with talented people in the financial industry in an environment of integrity, partnership and high performance then you should consider a career in Private Investments with us.
To apply, please include a cover letter, resume and full unofficial transcript.