Analyst, Market Data Services
Make an impact at a global and dynamic investment organization
When you invest your career in CPP Investment Board (CPPIB), you join one of the most respected and fastest growing institutional investors in the world. With current assets under management valued in excess of $250 billion, and projected to exceed half a trillion by 2030, CPPIB is a professional investment management organization that globally invests the funds of the Canada Pension Plan to ensure long-term sustainability. CPPIB invests in all major asset classes, including public equity, private equity, real estate, infrastructure and fixed-income instruments, and currently has offices in Toronto, London, Hong Kong, New York, São Paulo, Luxembourg and Mumbai.
CPPIB attracts and selects high-calibre individuals from top-tier institutions around the globe. Join our team and look forward to:
- Diverse and inspiring colleagues and approachable leaders
- Stimulating work in a fast-paced, intellectually challenging environment
- Accelerated exposure and responsibility
- Global career development opportunities
- Being motivated every day by CPPIB's important social purpose and unshakable principles
If you share a passion for performance, value a collegial and collaborative culture, and approach everything with the highest integrity, here's an opportunity for you to invest your career at CPPIB.
CPPIB is looking for an Analyst, Market Data Services to join its Data Management team during an exciting period of transformative change. CPPIB Data Management's Market Data Services group is focused on data acquisition from third party suppliers and proactive management of this expense base. This team manages market data vendor relationships and has accountability for providing data for firm-wide consumers while managing the associated costs through invoicing and license administration.
As Analyst, Market Data Services, you are an integral part of the market data reporting and control function. You are accountable for request management, inventory management as well as administration and invoice management.
You will play a key role in supporting the overall market data spend activities including:
- Manages end user (or application) service requests, including interfacing directly with suppliers to add and remove services and updates inventory (and/or permissioning) system(s) as appropriate
- Manages and maintains market data services inventory (by employee, cost centre, department and division) using MDM inventory management system
- Ensures proper authorization for any new services requested, and maintains cost allocations and classifies market data spend appropriately
- Manages end to end invoice reconciliation against inventory, validate costs, interfaces with Finance/Accounting to ensure timely payment of supplier invoices
- Responds to payment inquiries from supplier accounts receivable groups
- Supports build of business spend reports and monthly metric
- Keeps service prices, descriptions up to date in MDM system
- Conducts initial research for incoming requests against existing portfolio of services and vendors
- Takes on an ownership mentality around the function
As the successful candidate, you bring a strong work ethic, business acumen and a collaborative style. You are a self-starter, with a willingness to take ownership and accountability for a variety of different initiatives. You bring expertise around data control best practices along with a strong orientation to, and knowledge of, investment management information needs. You are recognized as a strong communicator with excellent interpersonal and relationship management skills. You have a keen eye for detail, coordination, and organization coupled with an innate sense of urgency and desire to deliver value to the business.
Working in close collaboration with business and technology partners across CPPIB, you will be integral to the continued success of the Data Management team.
- Bachelor Degree, or equivalent education and experience
- Experience using MDSL software an asset
- Experience in accounting or budgeting an asset
- Strong experience with Excel, Word and MS Access
- FISD FIA certification (or willingness to complete) an asset
- Exemplifies our Guiding Principles of partnership, integrity and high performance
At CPP Investment Board, we are committed to diversity and equitable access to employment opportunities based on ability.
We thank all applicants for their interest but will only contact candidates selected to advance in the hiring process