Analyst, Investment Finance Private Investments
Make an impact at a global and dynamic investment organization
When you invest your career in CPP Investment Board (CPPIB), you join one of the most respected and fastest growing institutional investors in the world. With current assets under management valued in excess of $300 billion, and projected to exceed half a trillion by 2030, CPPIB is a professional investment management organization that globally invests the funds of the Canada Pension Plan to ensure long-term sustainability. CPPIB invests in all major asset classes, including public equity, private equity, real estate, infrastructure and fixed-income instruments, and currently has offices in Toronto, London, Hong Kong, New York, São Paulo, Luxembourg and Mumbai.
CPPIB attracts and selects high-calibre individuals from top-tier institutions around the globe. Join our team and look forward to:
- Diverse and inspiring colleagues and approachable leaders
- Stimulating work in a fast-paced, intellectually challenging environment
- Accelerated exposure and responsibility
- Global career development opportunities
- Being motivated every day by CPPIB's important social purpose and unshakable principles
- A deeply rooted culture of Integrity, Partnership and High Performance
If you share a passion for performance, value a collegial and collaborative culture, and approach everything with the highest integrity, here's an opportunity for you to invest your career at CPPIB.
We are presently recruiting for an Analyst in the Investment Finance department
This Investment Finance role is primarily accountable for the ongoing day to day evaluation, accounting and monitoring of the Private Investment portfolio; primarily focusing on Direct Private Equity, Infrastructure and Natural Resources investments. Specific responsibilities include, but are not restricted to, transaction management, asset servicing, settlements, reporting, reconciling and resolving accounting entries, along with regular interactions with investment partners and external advisors.
- Input trade tickets with accuracy; ensure figures agree with transacted amounts and legal agreements, completeness of supporting documentation and appropriate authorizations are in place to facilitate investment closings
- Assist in processing complex transactions and ability to understand implications on accounting, reporting and performance
- Ensure timely completion and accuracy of various reports and reconciliations relating to benchmarking, portfolio holdings and P&L
- Conduct ad-hoc analysis and contribute to the development and maintenance of straightforward quantitative models
- Assist in the quarterly/ annual valuation review, ensure valuation adjustments are accurately recorded and bring any errors/ inconsistencies to Associate/ Manager's attention
- Ensure process documentation is kept up to date
- Monitor the accounting policies of each of the portfolio investments and ensure accounting records of CPP Investment Board are maintained both accurately and timely
- Maintain an ongoing effective working relationship with internal investment staff and external asset managers to ensure issues are discussed and resolved, financial controls and reporting requirements are met
- Continually strive for operational excellence; seek ways to streamline processes and create operational efficiencies
- Identify and promptly escalate irregular activities or issues and assist the Manager in determining corrective action
- Prioritize workload in a timely fashion to meet deadlines with minimal direction
- Special projects and other duties as assigned.
If you possess the following, we'd like to hear from you:
- Undergraduate Degree in Finance, Commerce, Economics or other related discipline and pursuing a professional designation (CPA, CFA or CBV)
- Minimum of 2 years relevant work experience
- Strong analytical, financial and management accounting skills will be necessary to perform this role
- Advanced Excel skills and comfortable learning new systems
- Team player who enjoys working in a high performing culture and is open to evolving and changing priorities
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with high degree of professionalism
- Solid prioritization and organizational skills with exceptional attention to detail
- Self motivated, flexible and adaptable
- Exemplifies our Guiding Principles of integrity, partnership & high performance.
Visit our Linkedin Career Page or Follow us on LinkedIn.
At CPP Investment Board, we are committed to diversity and equitable access to employment opportunities based on ability.
We thank all applicants for their interest but will only contact candidates selected to advance in the hiring process
CPP Investment Board does not accept resumes from employment placement agencies, head-hunters or recruitment suppliers that are not in a formal contractual arrangement with us. Our recruitment supplier arrangements are restricted to specific hiring needs and do not include this or other web-site job postings. Any resume or other information received from a supplier not approved by CPP Investment Board to provide resumes to this posting or web-site will be considered unsolicited and will not be considered. CPP Investment Board will not pay any referral, placement or other fee for the supply of such unsolicited resumes or information.