Analyst, Index Data
Make an impact at a global and dynamic investment organization
When you invest your career in CPP Investment Board (CPPIB), you join one of the most respected and fastest growing institutional investors in the world. With current assets under management valued in excess of $300 billion, and projected to exceed half a trillion by 2030, CPPIB is a professional investment management organization that globally invests the funds of the Canada Pension Plan to ensure long-term sustainability. CPPIB invests in all major asset classes, including public equity, private equity, real estate, infrastructure and fixed-income instruments, and currently has offices in Toronto, London, Hong Kong, New York, São Paulo, Luxembourg and Mumbai.
CPPIB attracts and selects high-calibre individuals from top-tier institutions around the globe. Join our team and look forward to:
- Diverse and inspiring colleagues and approachable leaders
- Stimulating work in a fast-paced, intellectually challenging environment
- Accelerated exposure and responsibility
- Global career development opportunities
- Being motivated every day by CPPIB's important social purpose and unshakable principles
- A deeply rooted culture of Integrity, Partnership and High Performance
If you share a passion for performance, value a collegial and collaborative culture, and approach everything with the highest integrity, here's an opportunity for you to invest your career at CPPIB.
We are presently recruiting for an Analyst within the Content team in Data Management (DM). DM is an enterprise function that enables CPPIB to implement a business-led and IT-enabled data program. The Analyst will report to the Manager, Data Management.
The main responsibilities of the role can be summarized as follows:
- Take a proactive approach to updating and maintaining security master and index data in Markit, MDS, Murex and Simcorp, Rimes tools.
- Develops subject matter expertise in listed securities and index as it relates to data and understand the use of the data within the firm.
- Actively works with colleagues to share knowledge and develop team bench strength.
- Escalates data and content integrity issues on a timely basis, takes discretion to resolve issues within the bounds of assigned authorities, and communicates openly to data consumers.
- Partner with other data functions to document data and content business requirements, business process methods and data flows including specifications for integrity checks and enhancements. Actively seeks opportunities to automate quality control and integrity checks, wherever possible.
- Proactively validates data using exception handling tools and procedures. Contributes to the development of these tools, and identifies opportunities to leverage pre-existing tools to meet new business requirements
- As part of a dynamic, fast paced team the Data Analyst brings business acumen, strong work ethic and a demonstrated capability to execute critical business processes in a culture of continuous improvement. This role requires decisiveness, a sense of urgency to respond to time sensitive priorities and a willingness to take accountability for results achieved.
If you possess the following, we'd like to hear from you:
- Undergraduate or advanced degree - Mathematics, Engineering, Business, BSc, or MSc
- Investment industry qualifications including the CSC and/or CFA are an asset
- Minimum of 1 years working experience in the financial services industry
- Highly organized and takes personal responsibility for quality of work and timelines
- Ability to independently solves normal occurrence problems
- Strong service orientation; a track record of responsiveness to partner needs
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Flexibility to adapt to shifting priorities, coupled with a sense of urgency
- Experience Using Excel, SQL, Bloomberg and CADIS beneficial
- Demonstrated solid judgement, professionalism and integrity
- Presents concisely and clearly within the team
- Ability to thrive in a high performing culture and work effectively under pressure
- Self-motivated, flexible and adaptable
- Willing to work flexible hours
Exemplify our Guiding Principles of integrity, partnership and high performance Visit our Linkedin Career Page or Follow us on LinkedIn.
At CPP Investment Board, we are committed to diversity and equitable access to employment opportunities based on ability.
We thank all applicants for their interest but will only contact candidates selected to advance in the hiring process
CPP Investment Board does not accept resumes from employment placement agencies, head-hunters or recruitment suppliers that are not in a formal contractual arrangement with us. Our recruitment supplier arrangements are restricted to specific hiring needs and do not include this or other web-site job postings. Any resume or other information received from a supplier not approved by CPP Investment Board to provide resumes to this posting or web-site will be considered unsolicited and will not be considered. CPP Investment Board will not pay any referral, placement or other fee for the supply of such unsolicited resumes or information.