Analyst, External Portfolio Management ("EPM") Investment Operations
Make an impact at a global and dynamic investment organization
When you invest your career in CPP Investment Board (CPPIB), you join one of the most respected and fastest growing institutional investors in the world. With current assets under management valued in excess of $300 billion, and projected to exceed half a trillion by 2030, CPPIB is a professional investment management organization that globally invests the funds of the Canada Pension Plan to ensure long-term sustainability. CPPIB invests in all major asset classes, including public equity, private equity, real estate, infrastructure and fixed-income instruments, and currently has offices in Toronto, London, Hong Kong, New York, São Paulo, Luxembourg and Mumbai.
CPPIB attracts and selects high-calibre individuals from top-tier institutions around the globe. Join our team and look forward to:
- Diverse and inspiring colleagues and approachable leaders
- Stimulating work in a fast-paced, intellectually challenging environment
- Accelerated exposure and responsibility
- Global career development opportunities
- Being motivated every day by CPPIB's important social purpose and unshakable principles
- A deeply rooted culture of Integrity, Partnership and High Performance
If you share a passion for performance, value a collegial and collaborative culture, and approach everything with the highest integrity, here's an opportunity for you to invest your career at CPPIB.
We are presently recruiting for an Analyst, External Portfolio Management ("EPM") Investment Operations.
This role is responsible for the coordination of all operational accounting, administrative, reporting and database maintenance processes for the EPM hedge fund and actively managed investments. The functions include, but are not limited to the support of existing Investment Finance processes and transaction management including the calculation of manager base and performance fee accruals, business line cash forecasting, accumulation of monthly NAV's, specialized trade processing and position level reporting for internal departments and management and other consulting/legal invoice payments and assist with daily/monthly compliance monitoring. In addition the Operations Analyst will participate in business projects and new initiatives and the creation/support of appropriate procedures and controls. The ideal candidate will have a strong mix of operational, custody or fund accounting experience along with solid technical and relationship management skills. They should also have an understanding of trade processing, settlement, custody, valuation and ideally experience working for or with institutional managers, fund administration service providers or investment custodian.
Role Specific Accountabilities
- Prepare operational and investment related reports and checklists.
- Ongoing operational support of externally managed investments which include the calculation and reporting of manager base and fee accruals, processing of capital calls & redemptions, invoice payments.
- Cash forecasting for the business line and the proper reporting of all manager and fund related activity
- Calculate and accumulate monthly NAV's for external pooled fund and monitor estimate versus final and evaluate month over month market value changes.
- Produce monthly trade metrics and quarterly/annual financial reporting for internal departments and regulatory reporting.
- Update and maintain databases relating to external fund investments and internal reporting requirements.
- Participate in ongoing projects/initiatives as business requirements evolve.
- Look for ways to continuously improve and enhance current business processes.
- Responsible for review and problem resolution for EPM trade interface from custodian and coordinate as needed with various parties.
- Compilation of monthly compliance checklists and monthly/quarterly/annual reporting requirements
- Perform ad hoc reporting and data requests
- Fostering an environment which supports changes for continuous improvement
- Maintain effective working relationships with business line, investment custodians, auditors and internal business partnerships.
- Other duties as required
If you possess the following, we'd like to hear from you:
- Relevant university degree such as Business, Economics, Finance, Commerce or other related discipline
- Progressive experience and knowledge of financial markets and instruments, with ideally 3 years experience in the financial services sector
- Understanding of various fund investment strategies, trade processing, settlement, custody, valuation and experience dealing with institutional managers and pooled funds
- Hands on experience in administration, finance accounting in a financial or securities capacity
- Experience with trade administration, settlements and position level reconciliations is an asset
- Solid understanding of MS Office and advanced knowledge of MS Excel
- Experience with the SimCorp Dimensions Accounting system is an asset
- Excellent analytical skills and the ability to think through problems, assess a variety of factors and recommend solutions
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills and a high degree of professionalism combined with the ability to readily adapt to rapidly changing investment business and technology environments
- Team player who enjoys high performance culture
- Comfortable and flexible with constantly evolving and changing priorities and are open to new challenges
- Exemplifies our guiding principles of partnership, integrity and high performance
Visit our Linkedin Career Page or Follow us on LinkedIn.
At CPP Investment Board, we are committed to diversity and equitable access to employment opportunities based on ability.
We thank all applicants for their interest but will only contact candidates selected to advance in the hiring process
CPP Investment Board does not accept resumes from employment placement agencies, head-hunters or recruitment suppliers that are not in a formal contractual arrangement with us. Our recruitment supplier arrangements are restricted to specific hiring needs and do not include this or other web-site job postings. Any resume or other information received from a supplier not approved by CPP Investment Board to provide resumes to this posting or web-site will be considered unsolicited and will not be considered. CPP Investment Board will not pay any referral, placement or other fee for the supply of such unsolicited resumes or information.