Analyst, Derivative Products
Make an impact at a global and dynamic investment organization
When you invest your career in CPP Investment Board (CPPIB), you join one of the most respected and fastest growing institutional investors in the world. With current assets under management valued in excess of $250 billion, and projected to exceed half a trillion by 2030, CPPIB is a professional investment management organization that globally invests the funds of the Canada Pension Plan to ensure long-term sustainability. CPPIB invests in all major asset classes, including public equity, private equity, real estate, infrastructure and fixed-income instruments, and currently has offices in Toronto, London, Hong Kong, New York, São Paulo, Luxembourg and Mumbai.
CPPIB attracts and selects high-calibre individuals from top-tier institutions around the globe. Join our team and look forward to:
- Diverse and inspiring colleagues and approachable leaders
- Stimulating work in a fast-paced, intellectually challenging environment
- Accelerated exposure and responsibility
- Global career development opportunities
- Being motivated every day by CPPIB's important social purpose and unshakable principles
- A deeply rooted culture of Integrity, Partnership and High Performance
If you share a passion for performance, value a collegial and collaborative culture, and approach everything with the highest integrity, here's an opportunity for you to invest your career at CPPIB.
The Investments Operations Derivative Products (IO-DP) group is accountable for ensuring all derivative based strategies are executed in an effective and efficient manner, from trade execution to maturity. The group is cross-asset and provides support for a range of products including variance swaps, total return swaps, OTC options, credit default swaps and interest rate swaps.
In this 9 month contract role the Analyst will be expected to provide quality support for ongoing day-to-day transactions and monitoring of daily processes with regards to OTC derivatives. This support will consist of timely reconciliation, support and processing of daily functions. This will include trade economic details and coordination across various functions within IO-DP to ensure accurate valuation of OTC products.
The position will require interaction with various investment professionals and custodians to ensure all components of the derivative life cycle are complete and accurate. The ideal candidate for this exceptional career opportunity is a self starter who possesses superior analytical skills and enjoys working in a fast paced environment.
- Ensures financial Information is complete and accurate on all new trades
- Contributes to the development of a robust operating model, built on best practices, for OTC and listed derivatives
- Processes daily OTC derivative settlements
- Ensures all any outstanding payables/receivables are cleared in a timely manner
- Provides support and building relationships with our business partners
- Participates in projects to continuously improve derivative processing at CPPIB
- Undergraduate degree in Finance, Commerce, Accounting, Economics, or a related discipline
- Excellent analytical skills and the ability to think through problems and assess a variety of factors and recommend a solution
- Direct operational experience in derivative operations is preferred, especially with equity swaps
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Must be able to quickly develop a rapport with internal stakeholders (investment departments, legal) with a view to facilitate timely completion of work
- Must be a team player who enjoys a challenging performance driven culture
- Strong technical and analytical skills, including high attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Proficiency with all Microsoft Office applications; aptitude in learning new software applications
- Must have strong time management and organization skills
- Can readily adapt to a rapidly changing investment business and technology environments
- Self motivated, flexible, adaptable
- Exemplify our Guiding Principals - Integrity, Partnership and High Performance